Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13448755&mesg_id=13464888
13464888, ...
Posted by handle, Thu Jul-21-22 11:20 AM
>1. No way if this is Trumpolini this isn't its own thread
>with at least a half dozen replies by now talking about how
>reckless he was. Our local Democrat employee of the year
>would have had links upon links with citations and shit too.
>Oh its Joe? Crickets....

I don't think it's crickets, it's ALL OVER the news. And it jsut happened an hour ago.

Trump was reckless. Biden was not reckless - but also not doing everything he could have done.

There are differences:
Trump said "I'm not wearing a mask."
Trump had a huge mask-less party for Supreme Court takeover and spread it to dozens of people.
There was no vaccine.
There were no approved anti-bodies.
There were no approved anti-virals.
There were no variants so it was not as easy to catch.
The rest of the US and world was doing more to prevent spread at the time.

Trump catching it was partly because of all those reasons - he might have caught it being more careful - but he probably would not have.
His risk of dying was higher because of the lack of vaccines and treatments.

And he shoved a bunch of federal employees in a car to take a drive and wave to his fanatical supporters.
And his denial and lies about the disease did make it doubly stupid that he got it.

>2. Lets not gloss over the fact that the whitehouse protocol
>is significantly more protective than the CDC guidance, and
>they say as much. "Get your asses back to work!" would be bad
>under the GOP...but ya'll are perfectly okay with it now.

First, I'm not "okay' with it. But the entire fucking country seems to be okay with it for some reason. I agree it's crazy.

If Trump got it after visiting Israel and Saudi Arabia I can ONLY IMAGINE what his base would be saying. "The Jews infected our leader as a plot to replace us!"

>3. The vaccines are a tremendous tool and Biden admin did
>amazing with the roll out...but this
>vax-only-and-pretend-this-shit-is-over strategy is a FAILING
>strategy IN CONTEXT. Better than Trump? Sure...thanks to the
>vax. But outside of that and not telling people to drink
>bleach...this admin has failed at its pandemic response.

I think the entire country and world has failed - except maybe China. the China lockdowns certainly prevented hundred of thousands of deaths - but no way is any country other than China ever going to do them.

So Biden's doing better than Trump but not what we think he should do. Well when it's time to vote evaluate who does a better job and make your decision there.

>So we can post frowny faces for dear leader all day, but lets
>be real please. The hypocrisy is maddening.

The hypocrisy of the entire country at this point *is* insane. But the Republicans had a STRONG hold on it when Trump caught it.

Now the virus kills fewer people percentage wise, but still tens and hundreds of thousands too many. People - both red and blue - simply won't acknoclege it's a huge problem any longer.

Turns out it happened in 1918 too - and to me it's maddening.

remember that when the vaccines were being shipped out that Trump was meeting with people 24 hours a day to plot to stay in power - and he didn't give a FUCK about anything or anyone else.

The sad fact is that this COUNTRY is fucked - you have to support the people fucking it less. Or not, and post on the boards to vent - whichever you choose.