Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo that was the only reason?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13448755&mesg_id=13450738
13450738, So that was the only reason?
Posted by handle, Tue Dec-28-21 03:47 PM

You don't understand what the change in recommendation ACTUALLY was, me thinks.

--
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html

Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others. The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for 5 days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for 5 days to minimize the risk of infecting others.

Additionally, CDC is updating the recommended quarantine period for those exposed to COVID-19. For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days. Alternatively, if a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, it is imperative that an exposed person wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure. For all those exposed, best practice would also include a test for SARS-CoV-2 at day 5 after exposure. If symptoms occur, individuals should immediately quarantine until a negative test confirms symptoms are not attributable to COVID-19.
--

So you read that as "Biden ORDERS the sick to go back to work even if it spread disease because the airlines told him to do it??"

Someone's sense of reasoning may be the thing that is tired here.

>It’s incredible to see how little criticism the Biden
admin gets from certain folks.

Biden's getting HAMMERED from ALL direction and has been for months.

He's hammered because the pandemic hasn't been "solved." That delta was multiple times as contagious as the disease that preceded it. And now that Omicron is 5 times as contagious it is his fault for not going back before omicron and securing free test for every citizen to use from now until the "end."

Then you compare that to Trump? Trump he said he didn't feel the need to wear a mask? Who pushed hydroxychloroquine? Who focused on overturning an election instead of distribution of vaccines?

Congress could pass the laws to supply aid - but they WILL not. Almost every Republican won't pass them because it might help Joe Biden's rating a little - and many Democrats because they think the government should be run as a for profit business.

I can't imagine a scenario where a bill that has passed both house of congress is vetoed by Biden to increase aid. Can you honestly see that scenario?

The countries fucked - but if you think this administration is purposefully doing it to help airline CEOs then I think you aren't paying attention.

This pandemic isn't going to be 'solved" and 'over and done', there is no series of actions that are 'perfect' and fix everything - the goal is to minimize harm and disease.

>When the GOP essentially said some will have to die
for the economy it was ridiculous and rightfully
panned around here, etc.

I don't believe for a SECOND that Biden and his administration agree with that. I do think 70% of Congress does. And 30 governors. And 90% of Fox news. And 97% of CNBC.

But you're right about one thing: this country prizes work over all else - more than your family, your health or your life. (And when I saw work I mean working for boss who's profits depend on your labor.)

It's a sickness that also needs to be cured.