Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCan I tell a crazy story I've been keeping to myself.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13448516&mesg_id=13448537
13448537, Can I tell a crazy story I've been keeping to myself.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-22-21 02:37 PM
Some time ago my boy hit me up to invest in his company. I said I had no spare money. He said what about your 401k. It just so happened I had an orphan 401k. That is, I changed jobs and I never got around and rolled it into my newer main 401k with 10 years of contributions.

he said he could roll that over into his business without actually breaking my 401k (i.e, no tax consequences). I said knock yourself out. I signed a bunch of paperwork to make it happened and forgot about it.

This year he hit me up with notice of a dividend. turns out they were paying out dividends. the dividend came back at 3x and I am still invested in the company. Infact, because I am so early I am a 1 percent owner of his company and its killing the game. valuation is like 10x my main 401k. He needs to not make it disappear by the time I retire. But if he keeps growing it. It's all good. Its wild.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"