Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat do you mean by lawful active shooter?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13447543&mesg_id=13448534
13448534, What do you mean by lawful active shooter?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-22-21 02:31 PM
It's lawful to openly carry a weapon including an Ar-15 (unless you are under 18) in Wiscousin.

and its lawful to defend yourself.

That's it. This case all turns on what happened when KR first pointed his weapon at the first victim. If the first victim was trying to wrestle a gun from him and then he pointed and shot, he is going to get off (setting aside whether he legally had a gun at his age).

That has nothing to do with whom I am sympathetic too. It's the law. If the KR was black would it have turned out differently. Probably. That's a whole different discussion (and in those discussions I want the law to treat everyone like they are white instead of treating black people differently).

No one is saying they are happy with the outcome, I'm mainly saying I am not surprised.

I think the press did a terrible job of talking about this case in terms of what the law is, but rather used it to push certain narratives.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"