Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDamn was I the only one #TeamCondola? They did her wrong y'all
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13445928&mesg_id=13451695
13451695, Damn was I the only one #TeamCondola? They did her wrong y'all
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-13-22 12:23 PM
Finally caught up and finished Insecure. I was watching in real time this season but somewhere around episode 5 it became less must see TV and more I will get around to it when I can.

Finished it and I was satisfied it was a good season and series. It finally did what I wanted it to do which was grow up and deal with the real problems we see when we enter that phase of life.

But I got say, my biggest problem is I really think Lawrence should have given it a series try with Condola. Wasn't nothing wrong with that girl, they got a child together, and she didn't dump him 4-5 times like Issa did over the course of the season. I was hoping the series lesson would be sometimes you got to move on, not that there is this one special person you have to fight for and get inorder to be happy.

Damn if Issa and Lawrence didn't mess over a lot of people just to end up back together. I mean she was right to curb Nathan because that dude was insecure and was just to quick to bounce which shit got even slightly rough, but there was so many scenes where they would show up with their new boo but then keep looking at their old thing...it ain't right.

I do have to say I was happy the way Molly turned it around. Couldn't stand her last season. I've said before some times you need to get your heartbroken thoroughly before you learn how to actrite. Between that and her Mom Molly seemed to show the most personal growth on the show.

My wife and I both had a phase (like 20s to early 30s) where it was about our friends and that all changed when people started having babies and moving to different cities. The last episode caught that change pretty well. It also captured that transition when career finally starts to make sense.

Anyway, good run. I was entertained....but damn they did Condola wrong.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"