Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRight. What's interesting is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13445928&mesg_id=13449551
13449551, Right. What's interesting is
Posted by kfine, Wed Dec-08-21 02:57 PM
with SATC and such, there were also weak seasons... they were just earlier. Lol. It finished off strong af tho, which I guess paved the way for them to be able to spin off the movie franchise, games, merch, etc.

I don't need Insecure to follow that path commercially. And, a weak last season def wouldn't prevent me from rewatching other parts of the series (I'd prob just skip it more). I definitely seeing it retaining it's Black millenial cult status. But I still think fans have the right to long for more from certain characters or storyline. That's just a natural byproduct of becoming invested lol.

It's crazy that both Atlanta and Insecure debuted in 2016, but Atlanta's been only 2 seasons whereas Insecure's about to wrap for good on it's 5th. I just read Atlanta's resuming in 2022 - I wonder if the timing of that was planned to coincide with Insecure ending?? Did Atlanta and Insecure compete for the same audience? I never really got into it tbh (I'm actually not much of a tv person, just that once I open up to a show I commit lol).