Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't mind him as a character or the actor's delivery but I don't like
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13445928&mesg_id=13448987
13448987, I don't mind him as a character or the actor's delivery but I don't like
Posted by kfine, Tue Nov-30-21 01:51 PM
Nathan and Issa together as a couple.

Or rather, I don't like Issa for Nathan. She's always using/rebounding to him, and with his mental health issues I'd prefer to see him with somebody more sweet and consistent.

I was actually thinking that he and Kelly might have made a better pairing; that could've been an interesting sub-drama. They sort of pinned Kelly into being this one-dimensional horny goofball throughout the show, but a budding romance with a slightly-troubled-but-getting- back-on-his-feet dude could have been a good opportunity to show a more serious/sweet side to her as well as more depth. And with her expertise/stable job in finance/accounting maybe she would have been a good influence for Nathan not just emotionally but in a practical sense too.

If they had hit it off while Issa was re-connecting with Lawrence, then one early season 5 episode could've played out with a whole thing about "hey I kinda like Nathan, are you cool if I explore things with him" to which Issa could've given her (likely reluctant but sincere) blessing.

There would have probably been some (funny) awkward moments, but when is there not awkward moments with Issa lol. And if my little Crenshawn fantasy were to work out for her the way I hoped, then that would have been a perfect wrap to the series for me haha

I guess I'm not feeling season 5 as much as the others if I'm wishing for all these changes to the plot lol