Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEpisode 3 felt like a Deadbeat Dad origin story!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13445928&mesg_id=13447779
13447779, Episode 3 felt like a Deadbeat Dad origin story!!
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Nov-12-21 09:37 AM
Very good. Felt like a super real conflict. They did a good job of presenting both sides and sure people felt pretty strongly both ways about it.

My wife and I saw it very differently. Surprisingly, she was very sympathetic to Lawrence and I was more sympathetic to Condolences.

She appreciated the brother really trying and I think personally as a dad I wouldn't let anything get in the way of my relationship with my kid and would have figured out I need to move back to LA to be present. I would even make a go at trying to make a relationship work for the sake of a kid.

That's just me personally. At the same time, I could see how a lot of dads would be just like "F' it", I am going to get it right with the next kid.

I didn't think I wanted to see a whole ass Lawrence episode but it was good relevant stuff and I hope to gawd him and Issa don't end up back together.

It was funny watching this show the same night watching and episode of Love Life on HBO about a girl (Jessica Williams) raised by a dad (Blair Underwood) who wasn't around and how it affected her relationships with men.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"