Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't understand what you're asking
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13445547&mesg_id=13445692
13445692, I don't understand what you're asking
Posted by Walleye, Fri Oct-22-21 06:57 AM
I hope the strikes don't last, because they're immensely de-stabilizing for the workers putting themselves and their families out there in order to fight for their rights. But I hope they last however long they need for workers to take back power over the industries that are exploiting their labor.

I do hope the sentiment lasts, because we can't possibly sustain the present submission of labor to capital. Americans are working harder and harder for less and less share of what they produce.

But it seems like you're asking about some other dynamic that I can't quite place. Sort of nervous that you're concerned about preserving our existing idea of work and careers and if that's the case then, uh, don't be concerned about that because it sucks and it needs to go.

Anyhow, I like talking about this stuff so I'd be excited to keep the ball rolling but I'm not really picking you up at the moment.