Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRe-Up Gang. The bourbon bar cart overhaul continues
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13444938&mesg_id=13484495
13484495, Re-Up Gang. The bourbon bar cart overhaul continues
Posted by spenzalii, Sat May-13-23 11:00 AM
The cart got a little thin during late winter, so it was time to take stock. Decided to just put together a list of the bottles I know I like and start whittling them down a few at a time. Over the last couple months I've got:

Russell's Reserve 10
WT 101 Rye
Michter's US-1 American
Maker's Mark 101 (I like this better than their cask strength)
Elijah Craig
Woodford Reserve Double Oak
Four Roses Single Barrel
Bardstown Origin Series Bourbon
Bardstown Origin Series BiB
Bardstown Discovery #9 (gift from a friend)
Uncle Nearest Single Barrel Rye (friend went to the distillery and grabbed it for me)

Next up will be bottles I want to have a handle of either as a rail option or a popular pick if people come over (which may happen this year? Who knows, people still be sick and stuff...):

Crown Royal (haven't decided on purple or black, but probably purple)
Evan Williams BiB (find me a better cheap bourbon. I dare you)
Tito's (can always get it cheap and it's the 'it' vodka for some reason. Plus, it's not Ciroc, which I have a thing against for a whole other pedantic reason)
Bombay Sapphire (cheap at Costco)

After that are either roundout bottles for the cart that either I haven't found or just haven't got yet because I haven't gone to the right store selling for the right price:

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (this one has been tricky either finding at price or in store. Doesn't really matter too much which batch or year. That said there are 2 stores that have their own barrel pick, so I may cop one of those instead. Or all. Who knows)
Larceny Barrel Proof (same as the EC, though I don't think there have been any picks of this yet)
Raye Breed Bourbon and Rye (one store has them for under $50. Just need to get out there)
Bardstown Origin Series Rye (supposedly shipping now, but haven't seen it in my area yet. I can complete the set when I find it)
Bardstown Fusion #9
Sagamore Spirits Double Oaked
Noah's Mill (this is a weird high proof bourbon that gives off cinnamon and black tea vibes that shouldn't work but I dig it. It's an acquired taste)
Penelope Toasted Barrel Cask Strength (these guys have been making a name for themselves as a really good blending outfit. I think MGP just bought them, which is interesting as Penelope uses MGP distillate already)

Once I have those I can add a rum or 3 and get to looking at my Irish, Japanese and Scotch bottles