Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've become a fan of Bardstown Distillery
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13444938&mesg_id=13450366
13450366, I've become a fan of Bardstown Distillery
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Dec-19-21 01:07 PM
One standout is their transparency. While the source a good deal of their whiskey they have been producing their own as well. Each of their Fusion and Discovery series give you the breakdown of the age and mashbill in each release, which is cool. That way you can track what you like and what it was made from. Fusion is older sourced blended with their own distillate, while Discovery is blended from older sourced whiskey.

I've had their Fusion series from 3-6, as it's more affordable and easier to accept if one of the blends doesn't fit me as well. I loved #3, but #4 wasn't as hitting. #5 was better, as was #6. With the Disco series 2-4 seems to be the high point for many. #5 saw Dickel added to the blend, which was a point of contention for many. I went to a Bardstown event and talked to a few reps and confirmed. Ended up buying a bottle. It's... interesting. The Dickel mellows after it gets some air and makes it much more palatable, but that's a hard pill to swallow at $130 retail. I've heard Disco #6 is better, but I don't want to chance it. For that money something like The Prisoner is more up my alley. That 10 year bottle is lovely.

And from an aesthetic point of view, I love the rounded rectangular bottle. Go figure.