Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI had a bottle of JW Blue. I don't think you're wrong...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13444938&mesg_id=13447093
13447093, I had a bottle of JW Blue. I don't think you're wrong...
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Nov-05-21 10:29 AM
The Blue was a gift when my daughter was born (especially since those bastards at my job were calling me while I was taking my wife to the NICU, but that's another story). It's good. But the price is more because of it's legacy status as the premium drink from the 60s. I'm not mad at it per se. Everybody should try it at least once. Will I get another bottle? One day, if only to say I have one and impress people and have an occasional nip.

That JW Green, on the other hand? On the low, that's probably their best expression this side of any super rare or limited edition bottles they have. 15 year single malt blend? It's like Monkey Shoulder on steroids. Prices were creeping over $80 so I didn't reup for a minute, but now that I've seen them back to the mid $50s, it's time for that reup

That Lag 16 is definitely some occasional dram, but it's a damn good occasion when I have a swig. Goes great with a ribeye, let me tell you.

I'm pretty high on Belvenie moreso than Macallan, honestly. I've has the 12, 14 Caribbean Cask, 17, and 21 PortWood (another gift when I bought our house, and really great stuff too). I can't tell you why there's none on my bar cart though.

Out of all the scotch, that Glenlevit 15 is my sleeper pick