Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThank you for the reply but I think this understates how important this is to us.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13444413
13444413, Thank you for the reply but I think this understates how important this is to us.
Posted by MEAT, Tue Oct-12-21 09:20 AM
Is to us
I will send (oldest child) to school with a box of disposable masks to keep in her cubby.
But if another picture comes home with her not wearing a mask, I’ll begin the process to withdraw her from school.

—- an email I had to send to not cuss an adult out in person

———
Last month her class has had two cases and had to shut down which is an inconvenience but my stress is that they’re not enforcing masks.

Recently they changed their picture policy, where as before you could only get picture updates of your kids if you allowed them to be potentially posted on Facebook; and with that Ive seen four weeks now of my daughter without a mask. Im ready to pull her out of class because I’ve talked to the school about this multiple times.
13444418, Ugh I get that they are all overwhelmed BUT
Posted by spades, Tue Oct-12-21 09:46 AM
The school system's seemingly blanket apathy around this issue has shocked me. ESPECIALLY considering how seriously they were taking it, initially.

I just don't get it.
13444434, RE: Ugh I get that they are all overwhelmed BUT
Posted by rdhull, Tue Oct-12-21 10:55 AM
>The school system's seemingly blanket apathy around this
>issue has shocked me. ESPECIALLY considering how seriously
>they were taking it, initially.
>
>I just don't get it.

he lives in Texas
13444440, They choose what they want to take seriously.
Posted by MEAT, Tue Oct-12-21 11:12 AM
Basically the email they sent me is that her mask came off. A kid stepped on it. She didn't have a backup. Which happens.

My beef is that at that point there are multiple options
1. Have backups. If my baby runs out of diapers they send a message but they have a storage of diapers to give him, if either of the kids have an accident they have their own change of clothes and then they have a spare in the room.
2. Just fucking call me. It’s not that hard. Ive said it’s important multiple times. Give me the option to take care of my kid.

But they’re picking and choosing what’s priority and at the bottom of the list is pandemic safety which is outrageous.

Being in Texas doesn't change the science.
13444448, RE: They choose what they want to take seriously.
Posted by rdhull, Tue Oct-12-21 12:31 PM
>Basically the email they sent me is that her mask came off. A
>kid stepped on it. She didn't have a backup. Which happens.
>
>My beef is that at that point there are multiple options
>1. Have backups. If my baby runs out of diapers they send a
>message but they have a storage of diapers to give him, if
>either of the kids have an accident they have their own change
>of clothes and then they have a spare in the room.
>2. Just fucking call me. It’s not that hard. Ive said it’s
>important multiple times. Give me the option to take care of
>my kid.
>
>But they’re picking and choosing what’s priority and at
>the bottom of the list is pandemic safety which is outrageous.
>
>
>Being in Texas doesn't change the science.

I didnt mean that Texas changed the science. I meant that from many reports Ive read and seen on the news is that Texas is kind of backwards in dealing with Covid....aka they could give a fuck about the science.
13444449, Thats the whack ass government. There’s a whole bunch of individuals
Posted by MEAT, Tue Oct-12-21 12:43 PM
That should be doing better for kids than they’re doing for themselves.
13444445, Good luck
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Oct-12-21 11:53 AM
If your kid is still in diapers I think its much harder to keep a mask on them since they probably see other kids without them.

I will say my kids school has been pretty good about this and I can’t even get them to take off their mask when I pick them up from school. They wait until they get get in the house now.

13444450, Shes been in a mask. Was coming home in a mask
Posted by MEAT, Tue Oct-12-21 12:45 PM
This take it off shit is new. Kids test boundaries and if the adults let them do something they will.
And my beef is, I’ve talked to the adults. My kid is going to be a kid, if they’re not wilking to enforce this shit then we have a bigger problem.