Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAll of the above but the one thing that would fix it is $$$$
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443951&mesg_id=13443995
13443995, All of the above but the one thing that would fix it is $$$$
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Oct-07-21 12:52 PM
The big companies don't want to pay though they could with no major loss.

The mid companies are hoping things break within 12 months or they are going to have to make harder decisions.

The small companies can't afford to pay more so they are stuck.

But I'd venture to say, if the larger companies paid more (as they should be after 40 yrs of suppressed wages) work shortages would decrease drastically.

My job is heavy on recruiting and the only departments where I'm making consistent progress are the ones who have been granted budgets to pay at market or managers who are willing to hire entry level and train vs experienced. I've already told managers, expect 6-12 month hiring processes if you don't do something different (lower expectations, hire young/low experience, beg senior management for more money).

This won't be temporary. COVID turned the lights on to America's employment roaches. People who could barely get by started doing better with UI + Gov't bonuses too it and they are like "nah, I'm not accepting less than that" now. Rightly so IMO.