Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere is the thing, the Trans Woman who defended him in his last special
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443739&mesg_id=13444229
13444229, Here is the thing, the Trans Woman who defended him in his last special
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sun Oct-10-21 09:54 AM
committed suicide because she was harassed online by....pro-LGBTQ people.

There is a deep irony going on their that directly resulted from his prior work that he felt he had to address. That a woman died as a direct result of his work appears to have deeply affected him so much so that he spent a great portion of his show talking about her. So I understand why he returned to the subject...again.

I think Dave made a couple of other points worth making like how he ,kinda for the first time, addressed intersectionality when he talks about LGBTQ by talking about how a black transwoman would not have called the cops on him. I wish he talked about that more because a lot of the time when he is talking about LGBTQ people he is actually talking about white LGBTQ. There is a big difference between Caitlyn Jenner and the black homeless LGBTQ kids in Baltimore.

But Back to his friend, I don't think his point was "I have a gay friend so what I say is okay". I think its more I don't give a fuck about what people who don't know me say about me online, I care what the actual trans people in my life think and we are good. I think that's kinda of a reckless way to look at it but he has clearly stated he is committed to speaking reckless.

He also seems to enjoy trolling a certain segment of the left because he knows what he says drives them crazy but at the same time huge swath's of America agree with him. I think his intended target are powerful LGBTQ folks (like the jokes he makes about DaBaby getting canceled, Hollywood Gay Executives and the ones who called the cops on him) but he isn't giving much thought to the not powerful LGBTQ who may be colleratal damage of what he says. His friend is actually collateral damage of his because while he can take the blows and shrug them off, she couldn't. He isn't seeing his own privilege in the situation.

finally, I am pretty sure DC has had gay sex. Mainly because he randomly mentions having gay sex in all of these specials. And I think that's important because I think those experiences have embolden him to especially feel like he can speak on the subject.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"