Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat are you even talking about?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443739&mesg_id=13444193
13444193, What are you even talking about?
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Sat Oct-09-21 11:07 AM
I very clearly stated that I understand and expect people to have blind spots. But I expect Dave to be better and smarter about acknowledging and navigating his. Unfair expectation? Maybe. But he’s smart enough to know and do better. And frankly, he understands the power he wields… and the implications of that power… that’s what led him to walk away from The Chappelle Show. So I absolutely expect him to — at minimum — be more careful with his platform. Instead, like a petulant child, he’s just choosing not to. Worse? He’s doubling down just because he can.

Trash behavior.

I’ll also say… that while the LGBTQIA community’s voice is as loud as it is is because of white people… we too often forget that there are MANY people who look like us that are a part of that community and they are affected (more acutely) when the Dave’s of the world use their platform to be shitty. While he’s super fucking busy saying “fuck you” to white people who dislike his posture around the LGBTQIA community (which, if I’ve not been clear, is fucking terrible), he’s putting Black people on the line.

Trash behavior.