Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't care about him or think about him unless he comes up
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443701&mesg_id=13443802
13443802, I don't care about him or think about him unless he comes up
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Oct-05-21 04:14 PM
Apart from Kiss Kiss, which I think is a banger and a half, he just isn't for me. I do like some shit where he's a guest, but he's never been someone I checked for.

But I'm all for people choosing who they do and don't fuck with for pretty much any reason.

I also don't expect anyone to be consistent with that, because I think the decision to stop fucking with someone is, for most people, more complex than people seem to think.

The list of artists I like with problematic shit on their resume is long as fuck. It's pretty hard to be a Dre Stan like I am, and say word one about another artist because of their domestic violence indiscretions. I don't think I always saw it that way though, and Im not even consistent with that now.

I think Kells has largely earned a full scale cancelation, even if it means I don't listen to Happy People anymore. I think he turned out to be a full blown monster to such a degree that I'm legit puzzled when he got played at my brother in laws wedding a few months back.

Meanwhile, I love the Cosby show and have no problems with it. There's some nitpicking rationale there for sure, but it's still inconsistent.

I'm not mad at anyone who canceled Chris, and Im not really trippin on anyone who didn't, unless they're defending the act itself.