Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: why undersell?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443676&mesg_id=13444025
13444025, RE: why undersell?
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Oct-07-21 05:16 PM
>you mentioned it something discussed beforehand…do you mind
>sharing the details?
>
>me and mines, happened to be discussing the attire of a couple
>we just finished having drinks with. basically, he said the
>wife was dressed like an old lady. It snowballed from
>there…
>
>
>

I don’t mind at all. The underselling is my call. Its nothing ridiculous.

My thinking is this: my wife ain’t my homeboy, this ain’t my bro phase, and when I’m with her, me and her aren’t just sitting around wasting time at a low stakes, low expectations happy hour somewhere. We’re partners in a relationship FOR LIFE. And I want to do my part to make it great for her while not insulting her intelligence. So that’s why I’m not gonna just go blind or completely lie if some obviously attractive lady shows up around us and my wife notices AND says something about it.

Just because my wife SAID ‘she knows that dudes are gonna look. It’s cool cuz you don’t linger and I trust you’ doesn’t mean I wanna take that as an invitation to go all in on some comments about how slamming some other woman is at the bar at some restaurant or wherever. I don’t want to mess around and say anything that would make her have ANY ill feelings about herself or me over some good-looking lady who showed up somewhere. So, out of respect and what I consider reasonable caution for my wife (and myself too..I’m not all honor!), I keep it short and simple when I’m being even remotely complimentary of some other lady’s looks. And I’m almost guaranteed to follow it up with something about her cuz I want to make it ultra clear that it doesn’t matter how bangin some other lady is. I see that lady, I can appreciate her from a distance, and yeah..back to you, Mrs. jimaveli. To me, it just makes sense to handle it that way. And she seems to appreciate it so I roll with it like that. It makes sense, yes?