Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've Gotten Back Into Collecting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13443020&mesg_id=13443060
13443060, I've Gotten Back Into Collecting
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sat Sep-25-21 12:21 AM
I shouldn't be buying any damn comics but when you work at a spot that sells them, you can't help but get a few, I use to be a big collector when I was in Jr. High to High School and stopped completely when I went to college (only cause I got into buying vinyl & cds).

I'm still a person who puts art over storyline or writers so if the art doesn't interest me, then I won't even read it, but it's not too many titles that have mediocre or terrible art, just a few.

Here is what I've been subscribing to (mostly art Marvel titles, sorry):
"Amazing Fantasy": (taking superhero storyline and doing it from a fantasy world angle is cool, it's been two issues so far but I'm digging it).

"Avengers Mech Strike" & "Avengers Tech-On Avengers" (I've always been a Iron Man & Transformers fan, so this is right up my ally, writing could be better, it's straight forward but the art keeps me interested).

"Children Of Atom" (It's on issue 6 but only read the first one, feel like an idiot for waiting so long to read the rest, but I do have them just trying to find the time).

"Demon Days" (Peach Monoko's art & writing is great, it's basically a mutant comic book title done in manga form, what's not to like?).

"Eternals" (This is basically the book that made me decide to start a subscription, always been a fan of The Eternals (and The Inhumans), the writing & plot got me wanting to catch up on some trades from a few years back but so far I'm loving what's going on).

"Fantastic Four" (I caught the tail end of the story from beginning of this year and now I think it's leading up to the up & coming Kang storyline, FF has been around for decades it's not like the storyline is anything new but it's just a cool & easy read).

"Far Sector": (I was always a Green Lantern fan, and them having a black female Lantern peaked my interest, and the writing is good)

"Green Lantern": (I like what I'm reading but feel like DC is trying to keep the story open to make you read other titles (ex: Justice League) to understand but I'm good).

"Way Of X": (I read the first two issues, but still have to read issues 3 &4 not sure where the storyline is going to know if I won't to keep getting it).

"Web Of Spider-Man": (I only copped the first two issues, I decided to not to get anymore cause the story seemed to teen-ish for me).

"X-Men Legends" (This is another title that's on issue 6, I have all the issues so far but haven't gotten around to reading it).

Other books that just came out that I'm getting are: "Bermuda" (written by Layman, but it's the art by Nick Bradshaw that's got me hooked); "Kang The Conqueror", "Trail Of Magneto", "Killer Queens (the art is nice & the plot seems like a female space pirate sci-fi adventure).