Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13442105&mesg_id=13442251
13442251, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Latina212, Wed Sep-15-21 09:38 PM
i'm so fucking frustrated

i booked a safari in kenya last year. changed the dates a few times cause of covid and finally cancelled it in january since i didn't expect to get vaccinated soon. i asked for a refund and got my money back quickly. i rescheduled the trip for december and paid the invoice in full in july. i was booking a driver in nairobi and he asked for my travel details. i realized the safari never sent my travel documents. i've been emailing the same woman i have been corresponding with for over a year and half and nothing. i've emailed every email i can find for the hotel and no one is replying. i even paid for skype to call them and they told me they would send me the info the next day...nothing. i had a coworker make a dummy inquiry on their site and the lady wrote her back the next day! wtf!!! i know i can dispute it with the cc and get my money back, but i picked this specific location because of all of the things it offers. i don't want my money back, i just want my travel documents. i know how shitty americans can be so i was always super polite and thankful.

my friend and i planned a trip to colorado this friday. she invited her mom, so i invited a friend from ny. we went to colorado last year and loved it, hence why we were going back. i'm back in school and things are starting to pick up so it isn't the best time for me to travel. i figured while they all hungout i can get away for an hour or two and write. my friend and her mom cancelled today. two days before our trip. i asked her to pay for part of the airbnb, she said she would pay any amount, so i said half, and she paid it. if my girl wasn't coming i would be stuck going to the mountains alone, but now i need to make sure my friend has a good time. she doesn't drive so i will have to do all of the driving.

i love traveling. its what i do best. i've never had someone cancel on me last minute or have a whole hotel chain stop answering my emails. i always try to take stock in a situation and see where i went wrong. i can't find it. not sure if there is a lesson in this or what.