Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOn the phone with my sister. My nephew got 5150'd on Monday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13442105&mesg_id=13442195
13442195, On the phone with my sister. My nephew got 5150'd on Monday
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Sep-15-21 02:29 PM
And there's no information to give, apparently.

He said he'll tell her what's up when he gets back, but some kids at the school said that he said he was going to kill himself.

He's 15. This isn't the first time, as he went through this pretty bad about two years ago. but this last calendar year he was doing fairly well. He just went to his school home coming dance on Saturday, took pictures, and seemed happy as can be.

I'm conflicted because I always let him know he's welcome here whenever he wants to come through. He likes to work on my equipment and was excited when i upgraded everything, but he rarely takes me up on it. I don't press him on it though.

At some point, not sure if it was a nurse or therapist or who, said that my nephew said he feels isolated and alone, which was a shock to my sister.

So I dunno. Maybe I should press a little when he gets home, after he gets some time to get his bearings, of course.

She also explained my mom was in ICU with a breathing tube and just got out a couple days ago.

Not COVID. But she does have COPD/emphysema that's been getting progressively worse over the years. Apparently she just got out. But I guess she some sort of heart issue now too. This is an ongoing issue, and apparently she's been on an oxygen tank since early this year, and now requires a nurse to come to the house each day.

Seems like that end is on the horizon, and I have ridiculously mixed emotions about that.

My sister still maintains that relationship to a degree, so it's harder on her.

But goddamn, she's going through it right now. She never calls me to unload like this mid day. That's an after work/weekend convo. She's apologizing to me for dropping this all on me in the middle of the work day. Shit...that's what family is for, when you're actually family.