Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIm going to say it. I thought the album poisoned a lot of young impression
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13441779&mesg_id=13442336
13442336, Im going to say it. I thought the album poisoned a lot of young impression
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Sep-16-21 02:06 PM
able young men. In two ways in particular.

1. I swear it seemed like everyone started smoking weed after that album dropped. It just may have been a function of when the album dropped and my age and my friends getting into teenage stuff but I always associate a burst of weed smoking with that album.

2. Ain't No Fun - When that snoop album came out it seemed to normalize running trains. Again, it just might have been that that album dropped just when I reached an age where experimenting with weed and sex was happening.

I am not on some C Delores Tucker stuff but I do think those albums did help normalize a lot of bad ish ("gangsta rap" in general becoming mainstream) to a lot of middle class suburban/rural kids.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"