Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis "majority," which is apparently shrinking, is also
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13441134&mesg_id=13442108
13442108, This "majority," which is apparently shrinking, is also
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Wed Sep-15-21 06:42 AM
ignorant on guns. They most likely think "AR" means "assault rifle," couldn't discern between a clip vs. a magazine, and have some skewed perception of what weapons are being used and what constitutes "gun violence" deaths (the majority being suicides and with handguns). And why does Mike's opinion not matter? He's a minority gun owner that actually has experience with the tools he's talking. I don't like it when a bunch of old men in government committees who are tech-illiterate try to pass laws regulating the internet and technology. Same applies to guns. Or should I be listening to Joe Biden's suggestions on self-defense by shooting a shotgun through the door and committing a felony?

So what happens when this flawed appeal to the majority no longer holds up (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/09/13/key-facts-about-americans-and-guns/)? I'm willing to bet the number of support of this umbrella term of "gun control" will continue to drop as there's been an unprecedent number of new gun owners over the last year, which I'm sure includes many liberals. A much larger majority of Americans also oppose "defund the police." I guess that's a wrap, and a more nuanced approach to examining law enforcement in the country isn't necessary either.

I'm not saying "gun violence" isn't an issue, whether that be suicides, homicides, or whatever. I'm not saying various forms of "gun control" aren't necessary like keeping firearms out of procession out of (potentially) violent offenders or people with mental illness that can be a harm to themselves or others. What I am saying is that lots of Democrats' policies are extremely flawed, and yes, they can tread on rights.