Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject2 of my cousins, a mother & daughter, died of Covid last week
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13440891&mesg_id=13441006
13441006, 2 of my cousins, a mother & daughter, died of Covid last week
Posted by Damali, Thu Sep-02-21 11:37 AM
3 days part from each other..they were both living in FL and unvaxxed

this is a first family death for me that wasn't aging related (and is covid related) so its been a bit hard to wrap my head around...in that part of the family, down there, most of them are unvaxxed..i hope that changes now. obviously, i won't be attending the funeral, which is on 9/11..the 20th anniversary of another super traumatic day for me (i was working in NYC that day) so nah...

then my sister and her husband, both in Orlando, got Covid. she's J&J vaxxed and he's not (conspiracy theories,tuskeegee etc blah blah). over the course of a week, she improved and he did not. he finally agreed to go to the hospital on Monday and he's still there. on oxygen as far as i know, but not a ventilator.

other than that, i'm good. about to take a road trip to Canada on Saturday...excited to get a mental break from the united states. the ArriveCan app is super easy to use and makes it really clear what you gotta do to cross the land border

d