Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't know if it's corporate thing but I've had the same experience
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13439851&mesg_id=13443357
13443357, I don't know if it's corporate thing but I've had the same experience
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu Sep-30-21 07:59 AM
I loved the B5 body-style A4's when I got out of college. I wasn't trying to take on a payment yet but I decided to test drive one anyway. There was also a Porsche and BMW dealership next door (I think all owned by the same group) so I decided to try to get a test drive of a 3 series as well.

I stood in the lobby of the BMW dealership for about 5 minutes and nobody approached. Asked the receptionist if anyone could help me and they all said they were busy. Ok.

Walked over to the Audi dealership and was greeted warmly at the door. I told the salesman up front that I loved the A4 but wasn't ready for payment just yet. He was like "Cool, do you want a test drive?" Of course!

Took a good 15 minute test drive on the main road while he talked about all the features. We came back and he said come back when you're ready.

Fast forward 2 years and I'm finally tired of commuting to work in a beater S-13 with a blown head gasket and leaking radiator. I sense the car is seriously about to give up the ghost so I drive back to that Audi dealership and the car basically dies as I'm pulling into the parking lot. I didn't have the original salesman's card but I was greeted warmly by a different one. Probably the easiest deal he'd had all week bc I was deadset on driving home in the A4 that night.... but of course they had to do some last minute stuff to it so I technically couldn't pick it up to the next day lol

Anyway, loved the car and would probably still have it if it hadn't been totaled in an accident. Maybe 10 years later, I decide to test drive a 5 series. We get in the car and I let the BMW salesman know that I'm not looking to buy right now but I will soon. He says "oh, ok... take a right here.... then take a right here... then take a right here." He had me basically take a 5 minute ride around the block!

After that, I just said fuck BMW as a brand. You don't want one with an expired warranty unless you're extremely handy and I'm not setting foot in another dealership. I'd still fuck with Audi though.