Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWent down the Tesla rabbit hole…
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13439851&mesg_id=13443051
13443051, Went down the Tesla rabbit hole…
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Sep-24-21 04:44 PM
My wife has been talking about the Model 3 and Y for a year or so, and wants to get rid of her minivan. After doing some research we ended up ordering a Model Y for her (currently a 4 month wait.)

Also I went ahead and paid the 100 deposit to reserve a Cybertruck…I know I know. The design is incredibly divisive, but I just love it. It looks like what I thought the future would be back when I was a kid in the 80’s. My current car is a Lexus ES F Sport that I bought new in 2019 (and still love.) Given all the delays and timeline on the Cybertruck my guess is the earliest I’d have one GFR on getting in line is around 2024 or 2025, and by that point maybe I’ll be ready for a new ride.

The $100 is fully refundable so at any point I decide against it, no loss to me. The only downside is the reservation doesn’t lock in the price - the dual motor AWD version is currently 49k, but I’m guessing that when it releases that price will go up significantly. My then maybe I’ll change my order to a Model S instead. Or something else…We’ll see!