Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI Need A Vehicle But Have No Proof Of Employment
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13439851&mesg_id=13441255
13441255, I Need A Vehicle But Have No Proof Of Employment
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sat Sep-04-21 12:30 AM
At the beginning of the year my car got repossessed cause I was behind on payments but told the lender why but they said it was okay on the phone if I pay later but I guess without having that in writing, they was just bullshittin' me.

I was late with payment cause back in early December my battery died on me, had to get a new one, once I got a new one found out why it died cause the starter was draining it, so I had to get a new starter; so I ended up paying $150 for a new battery and $550 for a new starter and towing fee.

Then the first week in January my insurance double charged me by mistake which ended up putting my bank account in the negative, so now I had to pay for $25 for the overdraft, and I had 10 working days to get it back into the positive or my bank would cancel my account even though I've had an account with them since 1995; the insurance company decided instead of putting that money back into my account they will just pro-rate it and charge me 1/6 less than normal, the fuckers.

I told my car lender all this and though they was on my side until the morning of January 20th, I go outside and my car was gone, thought somebody stole my car but found out from the police it got repo'ed.

So anyway, I've been without a vehicle since, and just been riding the bus, walking, & getting rides from friends and co-workers while saving up; but my recent employer pays me in cash (aka under the table, which means he's not reporting my income to the gov't) and doesn't want to put me on the payroll right now, so while I got a large sum for a down payment cause my bank said since my car got repossessed it just killed my credit score and I would probably need at least 20% down for them to even work with me on financing a new-used vehicle.

During the seven months, I found a way to boost up my credit score by 100 points but the only problem is that I don't have proof of employement, I could buy a old used car that's way cheap but I'm not really in the mood to do that shit again (yeah I've done it before and put more into a junk car than it was worth in the three years I had it thinking it would be a great way to have transportation but being able to save up for something newer and better) lol.

I want to get a Crossover/SUV, I've been checking online and seeing some great prices for ones outside my area in other cities (my city it seems prices for the same vehicles are almost $1000 to $5000 more, or has way more miles on them), Carvana has some great choices but they're constantly selling them as quickly as they post them up.

I'm not sure what to do right now, need some ideas & suggestions from the GD team .