Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectfinally swapped the 4 ch amp for a rockford
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13439851&mesg_id=13441241
13441241, finally swapped the 4 ch amp for a rockford
Posted by mista k5, Fri Sep-03-21 03:51 PM
did the swap myself. found out they had one speaker connected backwards. its not as loud now but theres a bigger range. before i turned it up to 5 and it was pretty loud. i gotta turn it up to like 20 to get to the same level now. i can turn it up all the way without distorting but its too loud for my tastes.

i like the sound.

the other amp was faulty. it would suddenly cut out in some speakers. keeping the back seat down so the amp would be flat helped some but even then it would do it sometimes.

ive been keeping the seat up and so far it has been good. i did hear one loud pop once when i turned it back on somewhat quickly after i had turned the car off. i dont like that.

hit 20k in the car. still kinda weird to me since before this car the lowest miles i had bought car at was 60k+

starting to think again about cashing in some of this equity but i dont know. might just refinance and look into a separate private loan.