Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMan, those were the days...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13438324&mesg_id=13438464
13438464, Man, those were the days...
Posted by Marbles, Thu Jul-29-21 10:42 AM

I don't know if I miss it. But I definitely recognize that those were some of the best & most important years of my life (college & law school).

My undergrad school was consistently on Playboy's top party school list and it was well deserved. We were in a small college town with nothing to do but throw parties & hit the strip of bars. There was always a new bunch of people (especially girls) to meet. The social atmosphere was always hyped, so that more than made up for being way out deep in the sticks.

My cats from undergrad don't talk much but when we do get together, it's still all good. My law school class is still mad tight and we get together at least once a year.

I went hard in my 20s (and paid for it). In my 30s, I could still kick it tough (I don't have kids) but I was way smarter about things than in my 20s. It wasn't until my 40s that my body started breaking down & falling apart.

But college was great. Like someone else said, I know that everyone didn't have the same experience for whatever reasons. And I feel very lucky that I had a blast.