Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I miss college!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13438324&mesg_id=13438394
13438394, RE: I miss college!
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Jul-28-21 04:49 PM
>That shit was fun as hell. Just stepping onto campus, not
>knowing anyone and meeting people from all walks of life..
>
>anytime a show has a “back in college” episode I love
>it!!!
>
>that is all.
>
>what y’all miss?

It took me a while to get my feet on the ground in college. Like 1.5 years or so, but I had a great assigned roommate who is still my peoples TILL THIS DAY. And eventually, I got it all figured out.

I miss the ridiculous amount of free time I had compared to now. 15 hours of class. 20-ish hours of work. Nowhere near another 20 hours of 'studying'. The rest? Straight up aggressive chilling. Hooters. Buffets (with an S). Then, to the gym to try to work it off. VIDEO MOTHERFUCKING GAMES. Watching wrestling and clowning with my newfound crew of college homeboys. Eating Louisiana Popeyes > Houston Popeyes back then too. Jerry Springer. Watching music videoooooooos. Being up hella late all the time. Having a couple of 'them tapes' to pass the time. Midnight sales on video games and new albums. I had a CD store right by my apartment. Aquemini. Stankonia. JayZ albums. All of that.

I didn't party nearly enough in college. I regret that. But I still had a blast. And I had a pretty rock-solid post-college bro phase where I drank a bunch, went out all the time, and got a chance to 'do some thangs' before I got tied up, loved up, and married.