Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou don't think I realize that?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13437910&mesg_id=13438105
13438105, You don't think I realize that?
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jul-25-21 01:30 AM
A few things, just to be clear.

1. I used to be a Christian myself, and people came at me hard as fuck on the boards. To a degree, that scrutiny outside my bubble helped me find my way out.

2. This isn't my first rodeo with that poster on this subject. They wonce told me i was never a true christian, which is flat out disrespectful.

3. With due respect, my question was very simple. I'd Gary call my question "rapid fire" or lawyer like.

I simply asked what evidence he had to conclude that a god existed and responsible. That's it.

And that's kid glove light.

Trust....If I wanted to go hard, it would look very different.

If they want to proselytize, fine. More power to them. But they're not at all victims if someone presents a challenge.

They can also choose to engage, or not. And if you read this thread objectively, they were willing to engage in a smug, snarky back and forth- but were unwilling to have a sincere dialogue on the subject when they are being asked to provide evidence for their claims.

Further, if you're being objective, and actually read the entire post, you'd see I took two very different tacts at dfferent points in the post.

Early, I was simply asking an epistemological question, which is perfectly fair game when someone chooses to broach the subject in a public forum.

I didn't start breaking shit down until he got in his arrogant ass atritude with Mynority, talking about he was smart to back off.

That's when I took a different tact, but even then, it was a direct response to his own smug ass retort about the example being the best.

So I obliged. And I you think that was lawyerly, I barely scratched the surface.

They brought it up.
I asked a question.

They got VERY arrogant and started trash talking somene they felt couldn't hang on the subject.

I posed valid issues with the efficacy of prayer- entirely in line with his question, and fair game.

With due reapect, you're objectively and observably off base here trying to criticize me here. It's a little white knight.