Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectVaxxed Folks: Any of you had a CONFIRMED breakthrough infection?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13437897
13437897, Vaxxed Folks: Any of you had a CONFIRMED breakthrough infection?
Posted by Damali, Thu Jul-22-21 09:32 PM
We had that really long post of so many of us getting vaccinated...

if you've had a breakthrough Covid infection since then (meaning you tested positive, not that you suspect) please let us know how it affected you..

because of the Delta variant, I'm back to wearing masks anywhere indoors and enforce mask wearing with all Uber passengers

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13437928, I know of "vaxxed folks" that tested positive but they had minimal if...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jul-23-21 09:52 AM
any symptoms
13437937, I don't know anyone who got it that are vaxxed
Posted by Heinz, Fri Jul-23-21 10:09 AM
I wonder what the numbers are of fully vaccinated and half vaxxed who got sick
13437948, 0.003% of fully vaxxed were hospitalized or died as of *June* 21
Posted by Sponge, Fri Jul-23-21 11:19 AM
4,115 cases (3,907 hospitalized; 750 died) out of 150 million fully vaxxed. 76% were 65+ years old. That's when Delta was ~33% of new cases.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/06/26/cdc-4115-fully-vaccinated-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-with-breakthrough-covid-19-infections/?sh=e982a156993e
13437992, Same here
Posted by Lach, Fri Jul-23-21 04:58 PM
13437940, RE: Vaxxed Folks: Any of you had a CONFIRMED breakthrough infection?
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jul-23-21 10:13 AM
>We had that really long post of so many of us getting
>vaccinated...
>
>if you've had a breakthrough Covid infection since then
>(meaning you tested positive, not that you suspect) please let
>us know how it affected you..
>
>because of the Delta variant, I'm back to wearing masks
>anywhere indoors and enforce mask wearing with all Uber
>passengers
>
>d
>
>"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of
>people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing
>at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Whole household is vaxxed. We had a vaxxed family friend get a false positive so that was a scare. Besides that, no rona here. And I get tested about once a month.
13437941, why do you get tested so often?
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Jul-23-21 10:19 AM
job related?

13437985, RE: why do you get tested so often?
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jul-23-21 03:20 PM
>job related?
>
>

Mental. For me, it is part of feeling like I'm doing what I can to make sure I know I'm as safe as I can be while still leaving my house to do the basic things an old married dude does: go eat, occasional gym, grocery sto, go see your parent(s), all of that.

And hell, its wild easy to schedule a rapid test and get results back within a day or so.

It started because I ended up traveling right when I got vaxxed, so it was required. Then, I thought 'why not go check occasionally to make sure'. Maybe I should cut that out and test to make sure I have the antibodies or whatever you need in your body to allegedly 'protect you'. I'll consider it.
13437991, Ain't mad at that.
Posted by Heinz, Fri Jul-23-21 04:56 PM
13438010, i feel like i want to start doing this too...for the same reason
Posted by Damali, Fri Jul-23-21 09:29 PM
d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13438070, RE: i feel like i want to start doing this too...for the same reason
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Jul-24-21 01:03 PM
>d
>
>"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of
>people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing
>at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Depending on where you live, it’s really easy. Here in Houston, you can usually schedule the day before, take it the next day, get results within a day..usually a couple hours later.

More companies here are starting to head back to the office. If not full-time, some kind of hybrid home/office deal is what I’m getting from my friends. To me, they could easily throw in some kind of occasional testing. It’s one thing for folks to argue about vax or not vax. Folks could be told to go fish if they try to evade a couple of cotton swab swipes every now and then. That my body my choice shit doesn’t fly in that scenario. And some of those same folks were up in arms about athletes getting tested often because ‘it was their job to be available’.
13437957, I had a breakthrough case
Posted by handle, Fri Jul-23-21 12:22 PM
>if you've had a breakthrough Covid infection since then
>(meaning you tested positive, not that you suspect) please let
>us know how it affected you..

Woke up on Monday July 11th feeling like I had a cold.

Got tested on Wednesday July 13th and confirmed for COVID-19.

They did not say what variant it is, I don't think they tested for that.

It was a pretty serious "cold like" experience with fever, runny nose, coughing, body aches, delirium, etc. Had a fever from Tuesday until Sunday. Blood oxygen was low - my little oximeter said it was around 91% for a full day. I got pretty worried.

Fever broke Sunday and I've been feeling better everyday since.

Got another test yesterday but did not get results back.

Weirdest thing: When I woke up today my two left fingers felt asleep - not my hand - just the two fingers. Has happened to my fingers and toes several times.

I had only been with 2 people without masks in the preceding week - neither of them have any symptoms and one tested negative.

Where did I catch it? No idea - likely at the car wash. Someone cleaned my interior - maybe from that?
13437959, damn
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Jul-23-21 12:45 PM
>Woke up on Monday July 11th feeling like I had a cold.
>
>Got tested on Wednesday July 13th and confirmed for COVID-19.
>
>They did not say what variant it is, I don't think they tested
>for that.
>
>It was a pretty serious "cold like" experience with fever,
>runny nose, coughing, body aches, delirium, etc. Had a fever
>from Tuesday until Sunday. Blood oxygen was low - my little
>oximeter said it was around 91% for a full day. I got pretty
>worried.
>
>Fever broke Sunday and I've been feeling better everyday
>since.
>
>Got another test yesterday but did not get results back.
>
>Weirdest thing: When I woke up today my two left fingers felt
>asleep - not my hand - just the two fingers. Has happened to
>my fingers and toes several times.
>
>I had only been with 2 people without masks in the preceding
>week - neither of them have any symptoms and one tested
>negative.
>
>Where did I catch it? No idea - likely at the car wash.
>Someone cleaned my interior - maybe from that?
13438126, Re: your nerve issues
Posted by fif, Sun Jul-25-21 12:23 PM
after I had covid in late November (pre-vax) I had nerve issues down my left shoulder (seemed like it came from a crick in my neck--i thought it may've been from a pinched neck nerve from work where I carry a lot of heavy shit). But looking back I'm maybe 75% sure it was from covid. My arm felt sort of dead, some sharp shooting pains periodically and numb fingers. I never lost strength but the symptoms lingered from December through January. It went away but the odd thing was after both my vax shots (Moderna in mid-may and early June) after the initial arm soreness in the injected arm, I had stiffness in the same left neck area I did after covid--no radiating nerve issues though.

Reading up on numb nerves etc I found the best thing to do to heal was to keep good healthy blood flowing to the affected nerves (I did stuff like light overhead dumbbell presses and curls to pump blood in). Also took a b-complex vitamin a few times a week as apparently b-vitamins are crucial for healing damaged nerves. I took harrow's b-right (not very expensive): https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-B-right-Supports-Cardiovascular/dp/B0016003Z0

Hope that helps. Glad you beat it. Good luck
13438130, My mother is convinced its carpal tunnel
Posted by handle, Sun Jul-25-21 03:34 PM
I have a wrist brace I'm going to try.

13438009, My co-worker’s breakthrough case was similar to this.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Jul-23-21 08:36 PM
13438012, thank you for sharing this
Posted by Damali, Fri Jul-23-21 09:33 PM

>Fever broke Sunday and I've been feeling better everyday
>since.

so glad to know you are feeling better

>Where did I catch it? No idea - likely at the car wash.
>Someone cleaned my interior - maybe from that?

This is the part the U.S. has utterly failed at: contact tracing. Its a highly vital and completely underestimated part of controlling the viral spread.

test, trace, isolate. countries that are doing that well have extremely low infections rates, with or without the vaccine

in Honolulu, there were some places that did contact tracing..it was mad random and weird..like you had a fill out a contact tracing form at the mall food court before you could sit down at a table...but that didn't happen at every restaurant

d

13438219, Follow-up 15 days after symptoms
Posted by handle, Tue Jul-27-21 11:42 AM
I took another COVID test on July 22nd, 10 days after symptoms appeared, and it came back positive still. My doctor says it could come back positive for up to 3 months. A coworker who had COVID took 26 days to get a negative test. I'll try again in 2 more weeks.

I haven't had a fever since 7/18 and all other symptoms have disappeared for the most part. My fingers are asleep when I wake up, I tired a brace and it did not help. I think I have a little cough/slightly weird feeling in my throat but it is very minor.

I went to the urgent Care on 7/21 because my home/cheap blood oximeter would fall below 94% sometimes - but the machine in urgent care put me at 97% for 20 minutes. I also had 2 chest x-rays and they came back normal.

My sense of smell and taste remain - but they are a bit 'off' - but they've been 'off' since May for some reason.

I went for my first hike yesterday and I didn't do great. I turned around about 1.25 miles in (of a 1.5 mile summit) but I felt pretty good - I think I avoided lung damage. I'll try again today.

I really haven't ben eating at all - I'm trying to eat at least 1 solid meal a day. I lost around 18 pounds in 2 weeks.

I'm definitely freaked out that I caught it - I thought I was being careful - but looking back I rally don't need my car cleaned by someone else. This disease is very contagious and I'm glad I had the vacination to help fight it off.
13437996, not me, but a co-worker
Posted by will_5198, Fri Jul-23-21 05:58 PM
whole family is fully vaccinated (since spring), half of them just feel shitty and are resting at home and the other half feel nothing

all tested positive after a big family gather out-of-state

my views don't change much though, because we aren't getting covid to zero transmission anytime soon
13438011, what do you mean by this?
Posted by Damali, Fri Jul-23-21 09:30 PM

>my views don't change much though, because we aren't getting
>covid to zero transmission anytime soon

d
13438015, vaccination and not in an at-risk group: return to previous lifestyle
Posted by will_5198, Fri Jul-23-21 10:00 PM
I totally get isolating and masks in 2020, since we had no answer to covid last year besides "don't get it"

but now there is a vaccine

a vaccine is not 100% immunity, but nothing is

I'm cool with going back to my previous routines, and I'm cool with anybody who takes more precautions

but no matter what we all do, I don't think covid will become a benign threat like measles in the US anytime soon (and it may be a forever issue like the flu)
13438083, I think we do, it will slowly get mandafed around the world
Posted by Heinz, Sat Jul-24-21 01:58 PM
But I do agree it’s going to take a while and that it’s going to be around like the flu.

If this can happen in a place like Texas it’s going to happen in all hospitals (and should) plus all workplaces. The sooner the better

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-judge-in-texas-says-hospital-system-can-require-employees-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-11623613922
13438028, So no one gets a cold or the flu anymore? Or has it always been covid?
Posted by kingjerm78, Sat Jul-24-21 02:29 AM
13438039, I try to reassure family that those are still around
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Sat Jul-24-21 09:27 AM
I believe our kids caught a cold when we had our first socially distant event in our yard this spring (before the vaccines).Kids stayed masked and we kept people apart but the following week they had the first snotty noses they’d had in a year. Funny thing is we really didn’t think it was Covid bc no one who attended reported being positive afterward so we didn’t bother getting tested and it passed like a normal cold.

Contrast with today… we’re vaxxed but we took our first vacation since COVID and we’re around a lot of people who didn’t wear masks (we wore ours). We have a couple sniffles and sore throats in the house again but this time we’re getting tested.
13438081, are you saying
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Sat Jul-24-21 01:50 PM
the kids had covid or you don't know?
13438085, RE: Vaxxed Folks: Any of you had a CONFIRMED breakthrough infection?
Posted by go mack, Sat Jul-24-21 02:52 PM
no but Im concerned about my 11 year old twins, wish could get them vaccinated now. They have asthma and been in hospital with pneumonia in the past. Hoping we can make it thru til February when they turn 12 or they lower the age limit before then.
13438131, my vax'd homegirl passed away from COVID yesterday....
Posted by kingjerm78, Sun Jul-25-21 03:42 PM
13438132, damn.. sorry to hear, pre-existing conditions?
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Jul-25-21 04:40 PM
13438133, nah. she was living life and got sick in the last week.
Posted by kingjerm78, Sun Jul-25-21 05:18 PM
13438146, fuck..i'm so sorry man
Posted by Damali, Mon Jul-26-21 11:33 AM

13438724, My GOD!! So sorry to hear this.
Posted by tzt2004, Mon Aug-02-21 01:47 AM
13438135, I wish when people said they were vaxxed they specified...
Posted by kwez, Mon Jul-26-21 03:53 AM
whether they are fully or partially vaxxed.

I mean is everybody in the US getting the one shot vaccine? I'm in South Africa and for most of us the Pfizer vaccine is a two shot deal with 4 weeks in between shots
13438136, most people are getting one of the two shot vaccines
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jul-26-21 07:03 AM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13438169, Most people typically mean they completed the 2-part regimen.
Posted by Soldado, Mon Jul-26-21 02:41 PM
13438155, 14% of the worlds population is vaccinated....
Posted by eclipsedInI, Mon Jul-26-21 01:05 PM
COVID 19 IS FOREVER
13438257, damn...that is a horrible stat
Posted by Damali, Tue Jul-27-21 08:02 PM

13438168, Sidenote: Delta is out here changing hearts and minds.
Posted by Soldado, Mon Jul-26-21 02:39 PM
Vaccination rates are picking back up again.

My sister and her son, who were both skeptical of the vaccine, have gotten their 1st shot.
13438207, Trust these devils if you want
Posted by Musa, Tue Jul-27-21 10:20 AM
I trust my DNA
13438258, you mind rephrasing that using word combinations that convey meaning?
Posted by Damali, Tue Jul-27-21 08:03 PM

13438353, I don't trust beings experimenting with my RNA
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 12:50 PM
that have trouble naturally reproducing and only been around 6 to 10k years.

I trust my genetics.
13438354, i definitely feel that.
Posted by Damali, Wed Jul-28-21 01:00 PM
no trust is required

however, sometimes surrender is. sometimes collective action is.

there are things we may sometimes do in an emergency (like jump out a 3rd floor window to escape a fire), that we wouldn't do in a non emergency.

this vaccine 'jump' could result in 'broken legs' (which can be recovered from) but saving the life of yours and others (which can't be)

ultimately, and obviously, the choice is your own but i'm just adding those thoughts.

d

13438364, The Johnson and Johnson vaccine isn't an mRNA vaccine
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Jul-28-21 02:00 PM
Also, your personal choice impacts others. There are many that can't get vaccinated at all. If you have any people like that in your circle, consider their DNA as well.
13438377, Johnson and Johnson lied for years using Talcum powder
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 03:24 PM
knowing it was toxic.

Johnson and Johnson was also involved in one of the biggest prison experiments in the US in the Holmesburg experiments (Philadelphia PA)

(See Acres of Skin)

The only thing I like about this plandemic is social distancing. I like space so give me 6 ft.
13438570, LMAO.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Thu Jul-29-21 04:16 PM
I like space so give me 6 ft.
13438450, That's pretty funny. I might have to steal that.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jul-29-21 09:58 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13438599, thanks :D
Posted by Damali, Thu Jul-29-21 10:28 PM

13438262, This makes no sense.
Posted by Doc Catalyst, Tue Jul-27-21 08:38 PM
Plenty of black folk dying of this. Was their DNA just weak? Fucked up reasoning.
13438352, That's a terrible jump in conclusions there.
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 12:47 PM
I was actually referencing the nanotechnology that has Eurasians programming your RNA with this experiment.

Ribonucleic Acid

Ribosomes aka carbohydrates (mono and polysaccharides).

And to answer your jump to misrepresentation no they don't have weak DNA they live in an repressed racist environment that is counterproductive to their nature from the people to the food. No magic dust will fix a toxic environment.
13438362, The lead immunologist on the team that developed the mRNA vaccine
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Jul-28-21 01:58 PM
is Black - Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett. Her research on SARS vaccines was used in her suggesting using mRNA for COVID-19...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizzmekia_Corbett#Development_of_COVID-19_vaccine

Development of COVID-19 vaccine
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Corbett started working on a vaccine to protect people from coronavirus disease. Recognizing that the virus was similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, Corbett's team utilized previous knowledge of optimal coronavirus S proteins to tackle the novel coronavirus. S proteins form a “crown” on the surface of coronaviruses and are crucial for engagement of host cell receptors and the initiation of membrane fusion in coronavirus disease. This makes them a particularly vulnerable target for coronavirus prophylactics and therapeutics. Based on her previous research, Corbett's team, in collaboration with Jason McLellan and other investigators at The University of Texas at Austin, transplanted stabilizing mutations from SARS-CoV S protein into SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. She was part of the NIH team who helped solve the cryogenic electron microscopy (CryoEM) structure of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Her prior research suggested that messenger RNA (mRNA) encoding S protein could be used to excite the immune response to produce protective antibodies against coronavirus disease 2019.

To manufacture and test the COVID-19 vaccine Corbett's team partnered with Moderna, a biotechnology company, to rapidly enter animal studies. Subsequently, the vaccine entered Phase 1 clinical trial only 66 days after the virus sequence was released. The trial, to be completed in at least 45 people, is a dose escalation study in the form of two injections separated by 28 days. In December 2020, the Institute's Director, Anthony Fauci said: "Kizzy is an African American scientist who is right at the forefront of the development of the vaccine." In the Time's profile, Fauci wrote that Corbett has "been central to the development of the Moderna mRNA vaccine and the Eli Lilly therapeutic monoclonal antibody that were first to enter clinical trials in the U.S." and that "her work will have a substantial impact on ending the worst respiratory-disease pandemic in more than 100 years." Corbett's work afforded her the opportunity to be a part of the National Institutes of Health team that had Donald Trump at the Dale and Betty Bumpers Vaccine Research Center in March 2020. When asked about her involvement with the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, Corbett said, "To be living in this moment where I have the opportunity to work on something that has imminent global importance…it's just a surreal moment for me". Corbett stated she cried when the efficacy results showed the mRNA-1273 Moderna vaccine worked.
13438373, Speaking of Dr Corbett, this right here depressed me:
Posted by dillinjah, Wed Jul-28-21 02:58 PM
https://twitter.com/nickbaumann/status/1420458590222098439?s=21

If one of the WORLD experts can’t convince you to get vaccinated …😞
13438380, Don't need "experts"
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 03:32 PM
To convince me to take an experimental vaccine for a virus that can kill less than 96% of the people infected.
13438375, I'm well aware of Dr Kizzie
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 03:19 PM
and also well aware of how negros start to think and act like euros when trained by them.

You can't tell me how it makes sense to make a vaccine for something 96%+ of people will survive.

You can't tell me this isn't an Hegelian dialect where you do "gain of function" research to weaponize proteins (viruses) then suddenly come up with a cure.

I don't trust the people who have used germ warfare on almost every inhabitable continent.

Dr Fauci is a fraud too.
13438379, I lost a cousin, age 32, an aunt, and two uncles to this virus.
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Jul-28-21 03:31 PM
All Black. We've had over 600,000 deaths in the US alone from this virus. Over 4.1 million known deaths worldwide. And you're telling me it doesn't make sense that we'd develop a vaccine for it?

>You can't tell me how it makes sense to make a vaccine for something 96%+ of people will survive.
13438433, Pre existing health conditions were
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 08:17 AM
Primarily the culprit.

Auto immune diseases

Many caused by racism and stress.

The plandemic simply exacerbated it.

Still not as deadly as Malaria

You ever had malaria?

13438384, Jesus
Posted by handle, Wed Jul-28-21 04:14 PM
You sound like my right wing uncle in Arizona, he just doesn't own "How to eat to live."
13438672, people who like conspiracies tend to sound the same
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jul-30-21 02:38 PM
when it comes to this stuff.

13438809, People conspire every day
Posted by Musa, Tue Aug-03-21 09:27 AM
nothing to theorize about.
13438360, This comment is so dumb I actually clicked your soundcloud.
Posted by Triptych, Wed Jul-28-21 01:51 PM
lol
13438376, When you can't refute what I state you throw insults
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 03:21 PM
. LoL this is a messageboard.
13438422, It’s not refutable. That’s why it’s dumb. It can’t be tested.
Posted by Triptych, Wed Jul-28-21 11:02 PM
13438431, Yup you right
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 08:12 AM
13438445, This is the most deluded reply I've ever seen
Posted by handle, Thu Jul-29-21 09:18 AM
You think you are being righteous??

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740
13438448, Nope I know I'm making sense and points no one can refute
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 09:52 AM
Especially when money compromises the interest of "western" medicine.
13438568, That and the neverending desire to wipe Black people off the face of Earth.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Thu Jul-29-21 04:15 PM
13438616, But you don't have any handle on how you "know" things.
Posted by Triptych, Fri Jul-30-21 08:30 AM
13438361, For your sake
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Jul-28-21 01:56 PM
but more importantly for those that have to come into close contact with you, I hope you are taking other preventative measures to keep COVID at bay.
13438378, I do my best to stay
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 03:26 PM
healthy, hell I just started eating Chick Fil A this year after being off meat for a while.
13438408, My guess is he doesn’t mask
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Jul-28-21 06:47 PM

Especially since he equated what you asked
with eating fast food.

He ignores any logical points. He ignores emotional
stories.

He also ignores math. I assume he knows
at least 100 people.

I guess he’s good if 4 die. I wonder which
4 he’d choose if he could?

Also ignores that some- including those in the
very community he pretends to love- have
genetic chronic issues that make them
much more likely to die.

Through no fault of their own.

Finally, dudes with their 3rd eye as open as his
are hypocrites.

By his logic, he should never see a dr.

Or take medicine.

Or eat at restaurants.

Or eat anything but homegrown veggies.

Or drink anything but water or homemade juice.

He shouldn’t get an x-Ray if breaks a bone.

He shouldn’t fly or get on a train.

Anything that could be potentially controlled
by devils should be avoided.

There’s literally people on here who have lost
loved ones to covid and he’s in here saying
he trusts his dna.

It’s....unreal.

But don’t worry, he tries to eat less meat.

13438418, You forgot get more UVB and UVA radiation
Posted by Musa, Wed Jul-28-21 08:44 PM
Aka sunlight

Especially so called Black people who are prone to being vitamin D deficient since they are originally from the equator.
13438481, You mention math
Posted by The Mac, Thu Jul-29-21 11:55 AM
And then go on to say 3-4 out of 100 die of COVID?

What math did you do to come up with that figure?
13438487, he was basing that off the 96% survival rate that Musa
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Jul-29-21 01:03 PM
posted.

13438489, IF 96% survive then 4% don't
Posted by handle, Thu Jul-29-21 01:30 PM
That'd be like 13 million US humans dead.

That's like 30 times the number that died in WWII.

Like 20 times more than died in the civil war.

57 times more people than died in the Vietnam war.

And let's not forget tens of millions of COVID survivors who will have permanent damage.

All this VS thousands of breakthrough cases and maybe hundreds of vaccine related illness/damage from the vaccine.

Millions vs thousands.

He simply can not judge risk accurately.
13438491, yup. have to look more than that % he used.
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Jul-29-21 01:42 PM
one, I don't think it's accurate.

two, these are real people we're losing. not simple at stats.

it's all probability and the numbers say we'll all better off once vaccinated. it doesn't make sense to risk dealing with the virus if you can avoid it or at least lessen the effects of it.
13438492, It's actually closer to 98%
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 01:46 PM
But I said 96 to give you a nub to stand on.

How many people a year did from TB?

How about Malaria

Shit what about influenza?

How about solving the conditions that create the auto immune diseases...

Naw I'll just make billions off an experimental vaccine that alters RNA via nanotechnology.

You people are invalids.
13438549, you can do all of the above smart guy
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jul-29-21 03:24 PM

You can take a vaccine that actually has been researched for years (the type) to mitigate the risk of the current pandemic for yourself and others...

AND

You can live healthier, etc.

But as someone with an autoimmune disease let me say this loud and clear- IT ISNT MY FAULT that I have it.

And regardless of the reason, there is no curing it at this point. I have it. And it makes me (and many others) higher risk for this shit.

You waxing poetic about fake deep shit and then ignoring any counterpoint- from how this is impacting the Black community, to links to updates in legit African nations, to personal stories, to breakdowns of your own dumbass math, etc...

Is a tell that this little act of yours isn't about shit but trying to look tough when in reality it is cowardly on your part.

You pretending to be deep and smart and shit is completely reckless.

Whichever stat you want to use- 4%, 2%, 1%- still represents actual human beings and their families.

And RIGHT NOW those numbers could be reduced if selfish assholes like you would vax and mask up.

You aren't afraid of COVID but you are afraid of everything from the vaccine to wearing a mask to actually responding and considering counter points that people have made.

You aren't deep and you are far from the smartest guy in any room. Stop.

At the very least, mask up and shut the fuck up.
13438615, You or nobody you know could make me shut up
Posted by Musa, Fri Jul-30-21 08:19 AM
Nothing deep y'all have no points.

Vaccine wasn't in the making for years you lying again.

You can't even tell me 2 things in the vaccine(from the two bigger companies)

Im smart enough to know that devils lie and y'all are stupid and scared so you just parrot what other people say.
13438537, Yeah I was using dipshit's number because he hasn't thought it
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jul-29-21 03:11 PM
out.

Tried to make it simple for his 3rd eye.

4% death rate= pick 4 people you know who should die.

Notice how he didn't respond to any point either. I'm thinking he's just a troll at this point.

No way he really believes the shit he says.
13438583, word i was like that number is NOT real!
Posted by The Mac, Thu Jul-29-21 06:16 PM
13438436, This back and forth reminds me of Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz in Mecca
Posted by Doomdata21, Thu Jul-29-21 08:38 AM
It takes that type of truth seeking outside of one's current beliefs to see the shades of grey in your current black and white situation. I think Musa is entitled to his beliefs but is making the unfortunate decision. That is all.
13438438, Reminds me of the dudes at college
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-29-21 08:54 AM
who weren’t actually in college.. lol

They just hung out on campus spitting those “Behold A Pale Horse” barz outside the dorms or common areas.

Cool to hang out with but they were geniuses in their own minds. No one could school them on anything.
13438451, These are not beliefs these are facts.
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 09:58 AM
You get experimented on if you want.

I'll experiment on myself without the nanobots l.

13438502, Are you trolling?
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jul-29-21 02:19 PM
13438536, Naw y'all not making sense and parroting points that been exposed as lies
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 03:10 PM
I'm still waiting for some facts other than shame, insults and false conclusions.
13438554, You shouldn't be online man. They are watching you
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jul-29-21 03:30 PM

Think about it- if the shit you say is true? Shiiit...why are you here at all?

You don't think they can do shit through your phone, etc?

I'd think twice about logging in if I were you man.
13438581, he's got all the answers.
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Jul-29-21 05:55 PM
the of us are just sheep. he's prolly a black hebrew israelite.
13438609, LoL who is they?
Posted by Musa, Fri Jul-30-21 07:11 AM
Scary tactics don't work here.

Anyone can get got.

But yt folks and their word is God and gospel.
13438423, BammaNation
Posted by rdhull, Wed Jul-28-21 11:29 PM
13438432, What does that even mean
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 08:14 AM
?

Alabama is a very backwards and racist place so is Pennsylvania and a majority of this Eurasian colony
13438495, the mindset of the ignorant, rube, unsophisticted, DUMB
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jul-29-21 01:58 PM
>?
>
>Alabama is a very backwards and racist place so is
>Pennsylvania and a majority of this Eurasian colony
>
13438560, Sounds like most of the US
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 03:36 PM
Including this messageboard.

I got time today...
13438561, so far its just you right now, with your bamma ass thoughts lol
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jul-29-21 03:41 PM
>Including this messageboard.
>
>I got time today...
13438614, LoL if I'm a bamma y'all are the Appalachian hills have eyes folk
Posted by Musa, Fri Jul-30-21 08:15 AM
13438713, so you think this vaccine is an experiment?
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Aug-01-21 10:43 AM
>I trust my DNA

i'm not trying to insinuate anything, I'm literally asking is this is what you are saying.
13438982, I don't think I know it is an experiment
Posted by Musa, Wed Aug-04-21 11:52 AM
13438370, not me but
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Wed Jul-28-21 02:43 PM
fully vaccinated 35 y/o family friend of one of my business partners died at home within days of feeling ill
13438437, shit.. this is scary af
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-29-21 08:50 AM

13438452, Fully vaccinated
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 10:00 AM
13438486, I’m fully vaccinated and alive
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-29-21 12:47 PM
so I’m not sure what your point is but do you playa
13438490, Yea for now
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 01:42 PM
. Hope you stay healthy.

13438499, right back at ya
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-29-21 02:08 PM
13438533, Believing these devils will make you sick
Posted by Musa, Thu Jul-29-21 03:09 PM
I'm good better than Gucci.
13438575, Your saying
Posted by handle, Thu Jul-29-21 04:49 PM
Masks don't reduce risk... BUT wearing a spacesuit does since every mucus membrane on your body.

Your solution: So do nothing or do EVERYHING - and only eat at Chik Fil A occasionally.

13438608, I'm saying y'all stories don't make sense
Posted by Musa, Fri Jul-30-21 07:10 AM
Mask don't work

Y'all dude Fauci is exposed as a fraud talking out both sides of his mouth.

And yes working in the medical field we were mask and a face screen to protect our eyes from any potential pathogens or blood.

So where are your facts again or you gonna keep wasting type with hyperbole?
13438617, 99% of all new COVID hospitalizations are unvaccinated.
Posted by Triptych, Fri Jul-30-21 08:32 AM
No amount of high-octane idiocy really gets around the numbers.
13438650, Actually there is a way around those numbers
Posted by The Mac, Fri Jul-30-21 11:52 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9829551/Over-half-Covid-hospitalisations-tested-positive-admission.html

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3356548/half-covid-hospitalisations-patients-positive-after-admission/

The numbers might have been dressed up all along?
13438679, you can't take anything from the Sun or Dailymail as truth
Posted by shygurl, Fri Jul-30-21 03:23 PM
It's misleading to present the 50% number as truth, as more than likely a lot of those admissions have nothing to do with being hospitalized for *Covid*, and rather are a result of everybody regardless of cause being tested for Covid once they enter the hospital. For example, somebody may have had a broken leg or a concussion, but are still tested for the virus. They also didn't detail how many people were asymptomatic who tested positive, which would also speak to the strength of the vaccines reducing the symptoms of the virus.

Now it's still troubling and extremely disappointing that so many people are positive after being vaccinated, but imo it speaks more to the virulency of the virus than to any grand coverup. It means that even after being vaccinated people still need to practice harm reduction measures, and simply being vaccinated is not the end all for the spread of this virus.
13438688, RE: you can't take anything from the Sun or Dailymail as truth
Posted by The Mac, Fri Jul-30-21 04:55 PM
>>It's misleading to present the 50% number as truth, as more than likely a lot of those admissions have nothing to do with being hospitalized for *Covid*, and rather are a result of everybody regardless of cause being tested for Covid once they enter the hospital.

Not sure if your wording is confusing, but that seemed to me exactly what the articles were tryinig to convey. People are going into the hospital for OTHER issues, but they are being reported as "COVID hospitalizations" after getting tested in the hospital. Whether this data/sources is fully valid or not, I can't speak to - but I think the bigger point that the numbers can be fudged is important to consider.

If these numbers are true and only 50% of "COVID hospitalizations" were not really for COVID + PCR cycle producing thousands of false positives (this is being changed by CDC as of late) + vaccines aren't working as advertised especially irt to transmission = a lot of explaining to do and a lot of funny numbers.
13438760, RE: you can't take anything from the Sun or Dailymail as truth
Posted by shygurl, Mon Aug-02-21 12:47 PM
The articles are absolutely trying to imply that vaccinated people are going to hospital for non-covid reasons and because they have tested positive for covid are now all needing additionally care. *Some* vaccinated people may require additional medical care post admission due to a covid infection, but not most. These articles are fear mongering at their worse, and unsurprising coming from the shitholes of the Dailymail and the Sun.

There are more breakthrough cases currently because of the virulency of the Delta variant, but vaccines still substantially reduce the risk of infection from Covid, and reduce the severity of symptoms if you do get infected.

The so-called breakthrough cases are higher now because the Alpha and Beta variants (which were the most common variants prior to Delta) are nowhere near as virulent and easy to spread to as Delta. So yes the efficacy of the vaccines aren't as high as they were before when we had weaker variants, but it's still important that people get vaccinated. It's also why we still need to practice safer procedures (masking/social distancing/not gathering in large crowds) because while vaccinations help, they are not 100%.
13438697, An ex-NYT writer on these numbers
Posted by The Mac, Sat Jul-31-21 12:01 PM
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/here-we-go-again

The numbers can be manipulated.
13438700, That guys a NUT. (Nice appeal to authority with Ex-NYT)
Posted by handle, Sat Jul-31-21 06:04 PM
>https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/here-we-go-again

>The numbers can be manipulated.
He's doing exactly that.

>These are - how do I put this delicately? - big fat stinking lies. They are off by a factor of at least five, and probably 10 or more.

He demands perfection from numbers for other things - but jsut throws out shit like that.

He also calls himself "The Covid Contrarian" and is on Tucker Carlson all the time.

He wants to take the terms, redefine them, then prove his conclusion which is "Covid is not bad."

Oh, and this article is fun:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

Swipe:
He has blamed the vaccines for causing spikes in severe illness, by pointing to data that actually demonstrate their safety and effectiveness.

He has blamed the vaccines for suppressing our immune systems, by misrepresenting normal immune-system behavior.

He has suggested that countries such as Israel have suffered from their early vaccine rollout, even though deaths and hospitalizations among vaccinated groups in Israel have plummeted.

He has implied that for most non-seniors, the side effects of the vaccines are worse than having COVID-19 itself—even though, according to the CDC, the pandemic has killed tens of thousands of people under 50 and the vaccines have not conclusively killed anybody.
13438719, HE can be all that.
Posted by The Mac, Sun Aug-01-21 09:19 PM
What about the numbers though? I'm genuinely curious, where is Fauci and above poster getting 99% from? What is the denominator? Is this author right about that or not?

I think those should be the more important questions, not what he calls himself or what shows he goes on.
13438720, That dude's Mission is to sow doubt (he succeeded with you)
Posted by handle, Sun Aug-01-21 09:50 PM
>What about the numbers though? I'm genuinely curious, where
>is Fauci and above poster getting 99% from? What is the
>denominator? Is this author right about that or not?
>
>I think those should be the more important questions, not what
>he calls himself or what shows he goes on.

If you think you can take the raw data and interpret it you're either a public health expert who specializes in viral statistics, or a novice. But go do the work for yourself and dismiss this man.

All this dude does is give you bullshit disguised as psuedo scientific jargon and then throw doubt over every thing.

He needs to provide the answers - not just raise questions. And then HIS work can be easily checked out and evaluated.

He's the dude at CPAC who had the crowd cheering to not get a vaccine:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?513283-117/discussion-covid-19-cpac

He says "The government wants to SUCKER you into get vaccinated." What's the upside in that?

I'm not a scientist, but a jackass who calls himself "The Covid Contrarian" and goes on Tucker Carlson show a lot can't be trusted.

Now, maybe the delta variant will infect more vaccinated people than the alpha did and they'll have numbers to reflect that soon - but if you believe him then EVERYONE in the government is lying and he's the only one who knows the truth. That the vaccine is worse than the disease. And btw, that smoking marijuana causes psychosis in 1 out of 250 people.

Go talk to your doctor.

And realize there's no "right answer" for COVID that might not change in the future it's not a set disease with all rules perfectly known.

Keep looking for your answers - but recognize when a con-man is playing you.

P.S. Remember I had a COVID breakthrough and I'd like to know all of this too. But when I see the numbers from Fauci I know there talking about the number of FULLY vaccinated people who have been hospitalized or die vs. the NOT FULLY vaccinated people who have been hospitalized and died. I don't know how you use the data to show a daily trend, or a weekly trend. Maybe try to take the data and do that - I have no expertise in it.

Oh, Rush Limbaugh loved him too: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/04/10/alex-berenson-battles-his-former-brethren/
13438829, RE: That dude's Mission is to sow doubt (he succeeded with you)
Posted by The Mac, Tue Aug-03-21 11:26 AM
I'm sorry but you still havent spoken to or explained the numbers. Maybe somebody else can explain them or respond later with an interpretation.

As of now, 98% of your argument is a personal attack on the messenger (the author, not me). Which I do appreciate by the way, since I did not know his history or connections. It is good to know, but I honestly would prefer a breakdown of the numbers and a breakdown of the data, not of the author. Hopefully that is understandable.

13438874, Look, fuck that guy - he's made you a doubter
Posted by handle, Tue Aug-03-21 01:38 PM
Why don't YOU get the available raw data, design a study and then draw your own conclusions?

Can't do that because you're not a bio-statistician?

Then FUCKING LOOK AT WHAT THE CDC HAS PUBLISHED!

Find trustworthy sources FIRST, then look at their analysis.

But having some jackass "Covid contrarian' sow this kind of doubt then saying "You are attacking him personally" is just fucking stupid. Or do what my aunt does and doubt everything and do whatever you want.

I don't know how to crunch the numbers, but I know when to check out a source and see if they are obviously full of shit. You can do that too.

Are you qualified to draw conclusions from the raw data? I'm not. But I don't go on Tucker Carlson and spew nonsense.

Try this from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation: https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

13438900, RE: Look, fuck that guy - he's made you a doubter
Posted by The Mac, Tue Aug-03-21 03:26 PM
Well to one of your first points the CDC is not publishing or reporting or taking in data on breakthrough cases so that was actually what sowed some doubt, much before reading that article.

Secondly, more importantly, thank you for the other link, that one seems to be very comprehensive and informative. Seems based on those numbers that vaccines are doing great. Thank you for that link and providing some legit numbers.
13438981, Honest question; How qucikly do you want data released?
Posted by handle, Wed Aug-04-21 11:51 AM
>Well to one of your first points the CDC is not publishing or
>reporting or taking in data on breakthrough cases so that was
>actually what sowed some doubt, much before reading that
>article.

I have worked for bio-tech firms INCLUDING Pfizer in the IT department and I have NO IDEA how to interpret any of the data.

Maybe it does take time to get enough data to actually use in their calculation.

Meanwhile people who DO NOT know how to interpret the data, like me, or Alex Berenson may misidentify something and cause a panic.

I'd say he's causing panic and doubt as a JOB . Same way some people's job was to sow doubt on whether Obama was a US citizen or not.

AND HIS BULLSHIT IS THE SAME!

Now in some period of time , say a month, we may see data ANLYSIS that says delta breakthrough are really bad - or we may not.

But why do you think the CDC is holding the info?

Alex thinks it's because they want to 'sucker' people into getting vaccinated for some reason. YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM.
13438872, questioning everything based on fringe psuedoscience isn't wise.
Posted by Triptych, Tue Aug-03-21 01:30 PM
Stick to major sources. Better yet ask a doctor you trust.
13438618, Mask don't work???????
Posted by handle, Fri Jul-30-21 09:10 AM
>Mask don't work
>
>Y'all dude Fauci is exposed as a fraud talking out both sides
>of his mouth.
>
>And yes working in the medical field we were mask and a face
>screen to protect our eyes from any potential pathogens or
>blood.
>
>So where are your facts again or you gonna keep wasting type
>with hyperbole?

Then why "in the medical field' are you wearing a mask???

I'd agree with "mask are not 100% effective" or but you're saying they are 0%?

That's pure idiocy and goes against more than 100 years of medical practice.

I hope to FUCK you never take care of any of my friends/family if you are in the medical field.

You=Mind GONE. I recognize that now.

13438586, You and your voodoo shit lmao
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jul-29-21 07:30 PM
>I'm good better than Gucci.
13438723, Omg, this is so sad to hear:-(
Posted by tzt2004, Mon Aug-02-21 01:44 AM
13438594, Buddy of mine just got COVID despite the double vaccine.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-29-21 09:03 PM
Really just had cold symptoms for a couple days. Was very grateful he had the vaccine so that it wasn't worse.
13438619, CDC says fully vaxxed can get AND spread Delta...
Posted by PROMO, Fri Jul-30-21 09:10 AM
at the same level/rate/whatever as an unvaxxed person, but obviously the vax will likely save you from getting deathly ill.

so yeah, we're going back to masked up social distancing until another vax gets made.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/cdc-warns-internal-document-war-has-changed-coronavirus-n1275478?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
13438652, About a 'new' vax
Posted by handle, Fri Jul-30-21 12:01 PM
>at the same level/rate/whatever as an unvaxxed person, but
>obviously the vax will likely save you from getting deathly
>ill.

They said it lives in the nose and throat where the anti-bodies are weaker so maybe we won't be able to do that.

I also heard the Pfizer CEO say they think a 3rd dose of the same vaccine gives a 500%-1000% boost.

>so yeah, we're going back to masked up social distancing until
>another vax gets made.

Swipe:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/29/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine#the-cdcs-decision-on-masks-rests-on-new-data-showing-the-delta-variant-thrives-in-the-nose-and-throat

The Delta variant seems to flourish in the nose, the main port of entry for the virus. The vaccines are injected into muscle, and the antibodies produced in response mostly remain in the blood. Some antibodies may make their way to the nose but not enough to block it.

Swipe:
https://abc7chicago.com/pfizer-booster-shot-3rd-dose-covid-vaccine-vaccines-coronavirus/10914062/

TWEET
EMAIL
COVID-19 VACCINE
New Pfizer data suggests 3rd COVID vaccine dose 'strongly' boosts protection against delta variant
The data have not yet been peer-reviewed or published.

While Lollapalooza may be this weekend's biggest festival, it certainly isn't the only one.

A third dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine can "strongly" boost protection against the delta variant -- beyond the protection afforded by the standard two doses, suggests new data released by Pfizer on Wednesday.

The data posted online suggest that antibody levels against the delta variant in people ages 18 to 55 who receive a third dose of vaccine are greater than fivefold than following a second dose.
13438655, 3/4 of people infected in Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak were vaccinated
Posted by handle, Fri Jul-30-21 12:18 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/

CDC study shows three-fourths of people infected in Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak were vaccinated

The outbreak has all the hallmarks of a superspreader event, with infected people reporting to public health officials that they gathered in “densely packed indoor and outdoor events that included bars, restaurants, guest houses and rental homes.” The full outbreak, which began July 4, is close to 900 cases, but the analysis included only a subset of them.

About three-quarters of cases occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, and that group had received vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson.
13438660, oh my lord
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Fri Jul-30-21 12:50 PM
>
13438661, welp
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Jul-30-21 12:57 PM
13438912, Vaccines were never meant to prevent infection tho...
Posted by Triptych, Tue Aug-03-21 04:36 PM
Now if these people were dropping dead I'd be changing my tune.

But no, the vaccine is working as designed.
13438666, Just a little more context
Posted by Nodima, Fri Jul-30-21 01:18 PM
Not saying I'm not about to start wearing a mask while working again, but the vaccine IS doing what it was designed to do and the Provincetown outbreak is the best evidence yet, despite also being so sobering.

--------------

Scientists said the Provincetown outbreak and other recent data on breakthrough infections make clear that the vaccines do work, as hoped, against severe illness and death, but do not offer blanket protection against any chance of infection. Only a handful of people in the outbreak were hospitalized, but four of them were fully vaccinated.

A CDC internal document obtained by The Washington Post estimated that 35,000 vaccinated people a week in the United States are having symptomatic breakthrough infections out of a vaccinated population of more than 162 million. {Personal note: the math on that, btw, is .0216%, or 216 out of every 1,000,000 people} Vaccination coverage is higher than average in Massachusetts, with nearly 70 percent of residents fully vaccinated.

-------

Provincetown is famous for its party scene and is at the tip of Cape Cod in a festive July 4 environment that could have, and did, prove ideal for explosive spread of the more contagious delta variant.

-------

“The good news here: If you’re vaccinated, refrain from large group gatherings and mask up, chances are good you’ll be okay. This is not 2020. But we’re not out of the woods.”

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
13438729, thank you for adding this important context
Posted by Damali, Mon Aug-02-21 08:33 AM

13438665, Buddy of mine from work, fully vaxxed…
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jul-30-21 01:09 PM
tested positive, yesterday. We’ve been WFH, since March. He and his wife are both fully vaxxed and they have a 3 year old daughter. Monday were were chatting on IM and he said he felt like he was coming down with something. By Tuesday he said his body felt like he had been beaten up. Today, he said he’s never felt anything like this in his life. He’s going to have his wife and daughter go stay with her mom cuz he’s terrified of transmitting it to one of them.
13438725, Wow, I hope he will be alright..
Posted by tzt2004, Mon Aug-02-21 01:55 AM
Vitamin C(2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 2 at night), Progresso chicken noodle soup, ginger tea with lemon, orange juice with lemon, exercise. Dear LORD I pray that my mother, myself, or any of my family never have to experiencd Covid again, but this is what helped my mother and I first go round. Not sure what the Delta variant is like and do not care to know.
13438727, Is Progresso a covid killer?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Aug-02-21 07:33 AM
sorry to make light of your post but putting the brand name in their made me chuckle.

13438791, Lindsey Graham did
Posted by handle, Mon Aug-02-21 07:37 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/lindsey-graham-covid-19/index.html

epublican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being vaccinated and has experienced “flu-like symptoms,” but said that he now has only “mild symptoms” and is very glad he had been vaccinated because “without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now.”

“I was just informed by the House physician I have tested positive for #COVID19 even after being vaccinated. I started having flu-like symptoms Saturday night and went to the doctor this morning,” he tweeted.

Graham wrote in a follow-up tweet, “I feel like I have a sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I will be quarantining for ten days. I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse.”

The news of Graham’s Covid diagnosis comes at a precarious legislative time in the Senate as lawmakers race to try to pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill with a narrow margin of error and just days before the chamber’s August recess is slated to start – though Senate leadership can cancel or delay when recess begins.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told reporters that he doesn’t think Graham’s positive diagnosis will affect their plans to push through the bipartisan deal and take up a budget resolution, which is the necessary first step before Democrats can pass a more sweeping economic package. “I don’t think it will, and we’re trying to let it not.”

Graham, before he got his results, was in the Senate on Monday morning, according to people who talked to him. He was wearing a mask at the time.

West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin entertained a small group of senators on his houseboat over the weekend – and Graham was in attendance, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Manchin’s office declined to comment on the attendance on his boat.

“Sen. Manchin is fully vaccinated and following the CDC guidelines for those exposed to a COVID-positive individual,” Manchin spokeswoman Sam Runyon told CNN in a statement.

Manchin later told reporters that he has tested negative for Covid-19.

“Negative,” Manchin said after he was asked if he had gotten tested. Asked if senators were celebrating on his boat, Manchin said, “There were no celebrations. We’re just trying to keep people together. We do everything in a bipartisan way and that’s what we do.”

Asked if he anticipates Graham’s positive test will impact timing for any amendment votes, Manchin said, “No, no.”

Breakthrough infections remain rare and more than 99.99% of people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have not had a breakthrough case resulting in hospitalization or death, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The announcement from Graham comes amid the spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19, which has prompted the recommendation of new safety guidelines.

The CDC recently changed its masking recommendations as it grows more concerned over the Delta variant, urging vaccinated people in certain areas of the country to resume wearing masks indoors in public areas.

The White House wished Graham a “speedy recovery” after the news of his diagnosis.

“We certainly do hope that Sen. Graham has a speedy recovery and his, his experiences mild symptoms and you know we wish him the best of health through that,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at a briefing on Monday.

Psaki also stressed that “every single piece of available evidence shows that breakthrough infections are rare and mild,” citing a “range of data.”

The US House reinstated its mask mandate last week. The attending physician for Congress has also advised Senate leaders that it is recommended to wear masks in indoor spaces when other individuals are present, according to a letter obtained by CNN. Almost all Democratic senators have been seen by CNN wearing masks again.

Asked last week if he plans to wear a mask amid new CDC guidance, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell did not respond as he walked to the floor.

Republican senators on the GOP leadership team met privately with McConnell on Monday at the Capitol, and all but one emerged maskless – a sign that Graham’s positive diagnosis has not upended how the Senate is doing business, at least not on the Republican side yet.

On the Democratic side, Schumer scrapped his in-person leadership meeting Monday night and met virtually instead.

Senate Minority Whip John Thune, who tested negative after being exposed to Graham at Manchin’s houseboat on Saturday, was asked if they should be wearing masks now. He responded: “I just got tested negative.”

GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is 87, also emerged maskless from McConnell’s office.

“CDC says it’s up to the individual,” he said when asked if senators should start masking up.

But the CDC urges “fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.”

This story has been updated with additional developments Monday.

CNN’s Nikki Carvajal, Annie Grayer, Deidre McPhillips and Kate Sullivan contributed to this report.
13438792, Id like to buy a vowel, Pat
Posted by rdhull, Mon Aug-02-21 08:30 PM
>https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/lindsey-graham-covid-19/index.html
>
>epublican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced
>Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being
>vaccinated and has experienced “flu-like symptoms,” but
>said that he now has only “mild symptoms” and is very glad
>he had been vaccinated because “without vaccination I am
>certain I would not feel as well as I do now.”
>
>“I was just informed by the House physician I have tested
>positive for #COVID19 even after being vaccinated. I started
>having flu-like symptoms Saturday night and went to the doctor
>this morning,” he tweeted.
>
>Graham wrote in a follow-up tweet, “I feel like I have a
>sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I
>will be quarantining for ten days. I am very glad I was
>vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would
>not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far
>worse.”
>
>The news of Graham’s Covid diagnosis comes at a precarious
>legislative time in the Senate as lawmakers race to try to
>pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill with a narrow margin of
>error and just days before the chamber’s August recess is
>slated to start – though Senate leadership can cancel or
>delay when recess begins.
>
>Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told reporters that he
>doesn’t think Graham’s positive diagnosis will affect
>their plans to push through the bipartisan deal and take up a
>budget resolution, which is the necessary first step before
>Democrats can pass a more sweeping economic package. “I
>don’t think it will, and we’re trying to let it not.”
>
>Graham, before he got his results, was in the Senate on Monday
>morning, according to people who talked to him. He was wearing
>a mask at the time.
>
>West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin entertained a small
>group of senators on his houseboat over the weekend – and
>Graham was in attendance, according to a source with knowledge
>of the situation.
>
>Manchin’s office declined to comment on the attendance on
>his boat.
>
>“Sen. Manchin is fully vaccinated and following the CDC
>guidelines for those exposed to a COVID-positive
>individual,” Manchin spokeswoman Sam Runyon told CNN in a
>statement.
>
>Manchin later told reporters that he has tested negative for
>Covid-19.
>
>“Negative,” Manchin said after he was asked if he had
>gotten tested. Asked if senators were celebrating on his boat,
>Manchin said, “There were no celebrations. We’re just
>trying to keep people together. We do everything in a
>bipartisan way and that’s what we do.”
>
>Asked if he anticipates Graham’s positive test will impact
>timing for any amendment votes, Manchin said, “No, no.”
>
>Breakthrough infections remain rare and more than 99.99% of
>people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have not had a
>breakthrough case resulting in hospitalization or death,
>according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and
>Prevention.
>
>The announcement from Graham comes amid the spread of the
>Delta variant of Covid-19, which has prompted the
>recommendation of new safety guidelines.
>
>The CDC recently changed its masking recommendations as it
>grows more concerned over the Delta variant, urging vaccinated
>people in certain areas of the country to resume wearing masks
>indoors in public areas.
>
>The White House wished Graham a “speedy recovery” after
>the news of his diagnosis.
>
>“We certainly do hope that Sen. Graham has a speedy recovery
>and his, his experiences mild symptoms and you know we wish
>him the best of health through that,” White House press
>secretary Jen Psaki said at a briefing on Monday.
>
>Psaki also stressed that “every single piece of available
>evidence shows that breakthrough infections are rare and
>mild,” citing a “range of data.”
>
>The US House reinstated its mask mandate last week. The
>attending physician for Congress has also advised Senate
>leaders that it is recommended to wear masks in indoor spaces
>when other individuals are present, according to a letter
>obtained by CNN. Almost all Democratic senators have been seen
>by CNN wearing masks again.
>
>Asked last week if he plans to wear a mask amid new CDC
>guidance, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell did not
>respond as he walked to the floor.
>
>Republican senators on the GOP leadership team met privately
>with McConnell on Monday at the Capitol, and all but one
>emerged maskless – a sign that Graham’s positive diagnosis
>has not upended how the Senate is doing business, at least not
>on the Republican side yet.
>
>On the Democratic side, Schumer scrapped his in-person
>leadership meeting Monday night and met virtually instead.
>
>Senate Minority Whip John Thune, who tested negative after
>being exposed to Graham at Manchin’s houseboat on Saturday,
>was asked if they should be wearing masks now. He responded:
>“I just got tested negative.”
>
>GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is 87, also emerged maskless from
>McConnell’s office.
>
>“CDC says it’s up to the individual,” he said when asked
>if senators should start masking up.
>
>But the CDC urges “fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in
>public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high
>transmission.”
>
>This story has been updated with additional developments
>Monday.
>
>CNN’s Nikki Carvajal, Annie Grayer, Deidre McPhillips and
>Kate Sullivan contributed to this report.
13438794, Lady D
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Aug-02-21 10:26 PM
13438793, I absolutely got my mask back on. J&J n/m
Posted by Von Pea, Mon Aug-02-21 09:48 PM

vonpea.com