Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think they were either
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13437716&mesg_id=13437857
13437857, I don't think they were either
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jul-22-21 11:37 AM
But I think there's something about what and why you'll tolerate something that gets lost in the complaint.

People will tolerate a lot of bullshit at work if the person they're tolerating it from treats them like humans.

And I think that's the fine print. That most jobs are littered with assholes.

But it looks like what broke the back of her folks is how rich she is and then this:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/a-timeline-of-the-allegations-against-ellen-degeneres-and-her-producers/ar-BB18txui

April 16: Ellen crew outraged by treatment during pandemic

The next month, Ellen crew members alleged that producers left them high and dry during the pandemic, and that they were told nothing "about the status of their working hours, pay, or inquiries about their mental and physical health from producers for over a month," according to a Variety report. The article also said crew members were later told they'd get major pay reductions, and their frustrations only increased when they heard the show hired a non-union company to help DeGeneres tape the show from her home.

Ultimately these folks are run through a company, and their complaints aren't REALLY with Ellen, she probably sees herself as a coworker to these people in a lot of regards ... that none of their paychecks say Ellen on them. But that's not how these folks see her. Every single choice she makes dramatically affects their lives.

So I can see a person that's a general asshole, but ALL the smiles in public ... that pre-pandemic, it was good for business for them to facilitate that image ... but then she's still getting kudos while they get shat on and not paid ... nope. It's the same ethos of why you ALWAYS make sure security's pay checks come on time. Because them folks are either your front line or your undercut, no in between.

And read the link, there was a whole internal investigation, C suite level firings and an internal apology ... that doesn't really happen with just smoke. Meaning it's probably way worse