Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Agreed. I get the hate.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435901&mesg_id=13438250
13438250, RE: Agreed. I get the hate.
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Jul-27-21 04:27 PM
>he makes it easy to hate him, tbh.
>
>The quality of his music was basically his one saving grace.
>
>Now we don't know if he's writing his own shit, and the music
>just HASN'T been hitting.

Agreed on the saving grace part. And yeah, he's a bit much even when he's on his best behavior. It is crazy to think how much folks rooted him when he was the regular dude mama's boy rapper surrounded by pimps, thugs, drug kingpins, and super duper ultra rappitty rap folks. Now his mom has been dead for almost 15 years, he married and is about to divorce KimK, his shoes are a bigger deal than his songs, and he can't get an album out when he says he will to save his life even though he clearly still has mountains of resources and help to make it happen.

I'm fairly confident at this point that he's never written his own stuff all alone. AKA there's always been some folks lurking around his work at least throwing in some lines and/or editing to the lines. GLC, Cons, Rhymefest, Pusha T, Common, Twista, Q-Tip, Drake, 2Chainz, Chance, maybe even JayZ and Cam, somebody.

Now, does that mean he's been pulling a Puffy where he's coming in reading the pages and not writing ANYTHING? I want to believe that isn't the case, but I wouldn't be shocked if that is what's going on or if that's been the deal the whole time.

As a side quest: I always wonder if Game is writing his own stuff and lurking around ghost-writing. Or if he's a person who is getting stuff written for him in exchange for gang stuff.

As a 2nd side quest: I've also wondered how much of Tupac's early Death Row stuff was handed to him by Daz, Kurupt, and some of the other folks who were around. Big Syke or some shit. Some of that All Eyez on me still sounds Daz-ish. I could be amazingly wrong and I love me some Tupac raps, but IJS. Maybe they just gave damn near completed songs to Tupac and that's why. IDK.