Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe good Friday approach
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435901&mesg_id=13437997
13437997, The good Friday approach
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jul-23-21 06:15 PM
Would work a lot better. He'd get to test some stuff out. Folks would be happy to hear the sketches and/or outtakes. It would be one song a week. And when he threw out one that was REALLY JAMMING, the reactions would give him a clue when he was barking up the right tree. And if he made some bullshit, those reactions would have a chance to chase him away from some unlistenable yodeling or whatever.

But this short album, halfass album, no album stuff is just making some folks turn on him as an artist for stuff other than the music. And that's a shame, because he has had some amazing stuff along with a parade of rock solid and jamming stuff too. I'm not sure if a chart somewhere says that this is an uncool stance to have, but that's where I'm at.

So yeah, either he should hush until he has a finished thing or he should GOOD Friday it up and release a song ever so often as an event and then collect a set of strong ass jobs and weave them together some kind of way. Then, he could collect the praise, take the dough from having more of his songs on random commercials, then go make some more expensive shoes that I won't gaf about. Its a good deal for all of us!

>established artists shoulder a lot of pressure to deliver the
>goods.
>
>expectations can ruin a person...which is something that I
>suspect is one of the many layers at play with Lauren Hill (I
>mean, among the many many many layers)
>
>if hes able to just make then more music then more power to
>him, I think he should even double his output.
>
>fuck it, he should just go crazy and just make a lot of shit
>because that's how you burn through shitty eras and ideas - ya
>gotta work it out of your system you know?
>
>
>I say this not as a Kanye fan but as a person who knows the
>struggle that is the creative process.
>
>