Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs hard as it is to imagine, I could see his media power diminishing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435901&mesg_id=13436220
13436220, As hard as it is to imagine, I could see his media power diminishing.
Posted by Soldado, Mon Jun-28-21 12:57 PM
I mentioned in here that he was dating Irina Shayk, and most people replied like that was the 1st time they heard of it. So it wasn't even making waves like that.

On the other hand, ANYONE who Kim dates is going to be big news (just look at her past). Her wedding with relative no-name Kris Humphries was the biggest event in pop culture at one point.

Kanye benefited a lot from the well-oiled Kardashian media machine. Tipping off paps, crafting life events to create storylines and subplots, etc. Literally everything they do gets tons of media coverage, no matter how insignificant it is in the grand scheme of themes. Meanwhile, Kanye pretty much had to do things that were extraordinarily controversial or meaningful to generate the same level of headlines for himself.

If Bruh Bruh is looking for that same level of media magnetism post-Kardashian, it's gonna be a cold world out for him. Which is kinda scary in a way, because he's gonna have to be even more erratic and polarizing to draw eyeballs to himself.