Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou can't really look at individual numbers to compare. The social media
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435387&mesg_id=13435487
13435487, You can't really look at individual numbers to compare. The social media
Posted by soulfunk, Thu Jun-17-21 01:40 PM
aspect along with the pandemic last year made some of these lightning in a bottle type events - where as more people tune in it shows up on feeds of connected people.

Even if they put it on TV the only way I think it would blow up large would be if both artists were truly performing live.

Just because I was curious I checked the numbers for the BET Awards, which might be the closest comparable. At it's peak in 2009 the BET Awards had 10 million viewers, and it hasn't gone over 5 million since 2015. Verzuz doesn't cast nearly as wide of a net as MTV's VMA awards, and the VMAs peaks at 12million in 2011 and haven't been over 5 million since 2015. There's no way at ALL a Verzuz even on broadcast TV gets 25 million like you mentioned in the OP.