Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWho would be the biggest Verzuz?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435387&mesg_id=13435387
13435387, Who would be the biggest Verzuz?
Posted by reaction, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Just finished watching the Eve vs Trina Verzuz. I've watched all of them ever since DJ Premier vs RZA. I really love the format and was just thinking who could hypothetically get the most viewers. I know most if not all of these would probably never happen but it's fun to speculate. The biggest ones so far are Jeezy vs Gucci with 1.8 million concurrent viewers and Brandy vs Monica with 1.4 million.

I think Beyonce vs Rihanna would be the biggest and could probably pull 25 million live viewers which is huge. My guess is Kanye and Drake could do 20 million. You think that's an overestimation or underestimation of the numbers? The Super Bowl does like 100 million but Verzuz is worldwide so who knows maybe they could do 50 mil or maybe they'd only top out at like 10 or 15.

Am I missing anyone, Timberlake vs Usher, 50 Cent vs Ja Rule, Eminem vs Lil Wayne. If we went outside of hip hop / R&B would Taylor Swift vs Adele or BTS vs Blackpink or Madonna vs Mariah Carey be big in 2021? I just don't see anyone beating Rihanna vs Beyonce. They should do it.

Poll question: Who would be the biggest Verzuz?

Poll result (29 votes)
Beyonce vs Rihanna (14 votes)Vote
Kanye vs Drake (5 votes)Vote
Nas vs Jay Z (6 votes)Vote
Kendrick vs J Cole (1 votes)Vote
Nicki Minaj vs Lil Kim (1 votes)Vote
Puffy vs Dr Dre (2 votes)Vote