Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435302
13435302, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Jun-16-21 08:03 AM
Zzz
13435319, I feel like giving in and getting the vaccine.
Posted by napturalmystic, Wed Jun-16-21 09:48 AM
I work in healthcare with little patient contact. I shuffle paper. I haven't contracted Covid19 to my knowledge or passed it on to anyone since the inception. I follow the rules. Just not this one. I'm not against it, I'm just waiting. When my employer demands it I'll get the vaccine.

13435357, wishing you safe travels......
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Jun-16-21 01:23 PM
but I wish you hadn't posted this in CW so we could dogpile and talk shit about your choice lol....

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13435436, Thanks, I go to work and home, I'm good with that
Posted by napturalmystic, Thu Jun-17-21 09:53 AM
The dog piling has allowed me to see OKP has truly changed. Yall all going along with what you're told. Even though the story keeps changing.
13435365, Do you mind if I ask what you're waiting for?
Posted by Bluebear, Wed Jun-16-21 02:36 PM
genuinely curious if there's an event or set amount of time that will make you feel more comfortable.
13435438, I'm waiting for my employer to mandate it.
Posted by napturalmystic, Thu Jun-17-21 10:02 AM
I've worked in covid had interactions (masked and distanced of course) with covid positive patients and have not contracted the virus to my knowledge. If I did contract covid, I have antibodies they should keep me safe enough.

I plan to continue to wear my mask, and vaccinated people should do the same. A fully vaccinated cruise ship has covid positivity transmission.

The scientist and doctors don't know everything. They are figuring it out as they go along. do I trust them, I work with them, they are practicing.

I've never participated in a clinical trial/research willingly and I don't plan on beginning today or next week.

When the FDA approves this vaccine or my employer mandates it which ever comes first I will get the vaccine. until then, I'm in phase 2 and plan to stay that way.

13435322, Are they really going to keep #### out until the playoffs are over?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-16-21 10:03 AM
and I’m not talking about a basketball player.

Just dont want the mods to delete another CW.
13435325, did you type the hashtags?? lol
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jun-16-21 10:25 AM
13435326, yeah, if I didnt the mod would prolly delete the thread
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-16-21 10:26 AM
13435358, lol good luck
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jun-16-21 01:25 PM
i didn't even type his name last time
13435406, wait. Is J. Anus back or something?
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jun-17-21 07:07 AM
13435447, haha.. nah, but since they deleted the last CW
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-17-21 10:34 AM
I decided to not use his name

13435366, I don't really feel ok
Posted by MEAT, Wed Jun-16-21 02:49 PM
I have a family I need to attend to, job I need to attend to, as well as physical health I need to take care of. So I don't really feel as if "gloom and doom how do I go on."

But I just don't feel ok. Even with things starting to go "right" ... the lack of acknowledgement on how hard things got and the emotional need for a lot of individuals and society as a whole to demand that you pantomime normality ...

I can't call it. So much loss and and unacknowledged pain.

13435440, I hear you
Posted by makaveli, Thu Jun-17-21 10:10 AM
It’s going to take time. It’s weird that some people just want to pretend like we didn’t lose 3 million people and counting.
13435444, My uncle and cousin died a year ago
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jun-17-21 10:21 AM
I couldn't attend the funeral for my uncle and my cousin's was virtual.
I gotta live with that. But when I look around, I got people that just don't seem to have experienced any kind of real loss as much as they feel they were inconvenienced.

13435371, I deleted my social media apps from my phone
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-16-21 03:21 PM
taking a break from the scrolling.

new coworker is TAF

13435382, I need HR to make Monday a paid holiday expeditiously!!!
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Jun-16-21 07:19 PM
13435384, We're getting friday
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jun-16-21 07:57 PM
I didn't even know until last week it was on the company holiday list.

they added it last year but i was still on furlough lol
13435399, I'm glad when posters I dislike leave the boards.
Posted by Teknontheou, Wed Jun-16-21 10:34 PM
I havent had a knock-down, drag out argument with anyone on here in a few years and it's 100% because most (almost all) of those people left. It's overall good. We're too old now to be doing that kind of thing anymore, anyway.
13435441, so cali is nice
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jun-17-21 10:10 AM
i didnt know the weather was really that good. coming back to 100+ degree weather was not fun.

that traffic and expense is also true lol

if i ever win the lottery i will get a house somewhere in cali lol
13435443, kids leave for the summer camp tomorrow
Posted by tomjohn29, Thu Jun-17-21 10:17 AM
Will not see them again until August 14th
I understand why my mom shipped me off
but still in my feels
but this break about to be cracking lol

13435446, that is a long ass camp.. congrats.
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-17-21 10:31 AM
we have a 3 week break coming up and feel the same way!

its on and poppin, club home is open again!!!

13435462, Yeah I couldn't do that. How old are your kids?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-17-21 11:35 AM
I can't imagine two months at nearly any age until they're adults, but definitely not right now at 10 and 6.
13435470, it sounds like a summer boarding school to me… lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-17-21 11:55 AM
13435474, i wish but its a pretty nice camp though
Posted by tomjohn29, Thu Jun-17-21 12:08 PM
13435473, 7 and 9
Posted by tomjohn29, Thu Jun-17-21 12:08 PM
13435454, I wish older people who cannot get up to speed with technology
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Jun-17-21 10:57 AM
would just get out the workforce. Dealing with this woman who has worked here since 1986 and cannot tell me the name of the report she runs everyday (she just knows that she "clicks that button" everyday) makes me want to SCREAM!!!!

Just retire already!!
13435464, I'm of the opinion that a fair amount of them don't want to learn
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-17-21 11:45 AM
A former friend/mentor type- who was all about bootstrapping and personal responsibility and all that- would, about twice a year, come to me to fix whatever the fuck he did to his computer.

And so I just started doing a full reformat every time.

Anyhow, everything from email to netflix to looking at family photos required me to write out an exhaustive step by step list- literally starting with "turn on power button on computer".

This motherfucker gets paid low- but not entry level- 6 figures to run a wastewater treatment plant. I remember thinking, he's either got everything setup with color coded buttons, or he's just too lazy to pay attention to figure out this very basic shit.

I don't talk to dude any more, but I've come across a lot of his generation at various jobs who are just like that.

I finally had to go to a supervisor a few years ago to get some of the older people to stop coming to me every time they turned their fucking monitor to portrait or correct their printer destination or some shit. I started seeing IT show up fairly often after that, and it's still baffling that these people remained employed at a job that required computers, despite their seemingly complete illiteracy.
13435468, we finally let go of a bad hire, dude emptied his brain cache every
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-17-21 11:52 AM
20 minutes

you could walk him thru something basic and 5 minutes later ask him what he was just taught and he would say “huh”

I think these types know people will do shit for them of they play dumb.

Dude told him DO NOT CONTACT HER, SHE IS ON PTO. 5 minutes later he replies, “I did exactly what you said.. and I also contacted her”

WTF????
13435469, Why don't they take notes???
Posted by handle, Thu Jun-17-21 11:54 AM
I'll forget things if I don't take notes too.

They've saved my ass - especially if I haven't worked on something in 6 months and have to jump back in.
13435471, cause most have a “don’t tell me what to do” fairy on their shoulder
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-17-21 11:57 AM
same old people you see at stores throwing tantrums over mask
13435479, Lots of reasons
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-17-21 12:51 PM
when they have me mentor, I train people to learn the handbook

I train them to learn the handbook, and to keep a record of updates, which come out biweekly, roughly.

Some people take notes and have a million post its on their screen.

but keeping a catalog of all the updates in addition to just using the handbook regularly simplifies the shit out of everything.

With what I do, small changes in policy occur with great consistency. So the notes people rely on can be outdated in two weeks, but if you just know how to navigate those handbooks and keep up to date on the updates, you're golden absent basic human error.

Part of the issue here is that my method requires lightly disciplined organizational skills, but it's extremely effective. Some people work better off notes though.

Overall, I find that the issue in my workplace, as it pertains to the 55+ crowd, tends to be the same issue much of that generation has: they just plain don't like change, and think everything should always be done the same way it always has.

They even hate changes that are to their benefit.

When ACA hit, for Medi-Cal cases that were under ACA rules, we no longer had to question things like living expenses, because that was no longer a factor critical to eligibility. Further, in a significant number of cases, those changes meant we didn't have to manually verify income at all, because much of this was done electronically.

People lost their damn minds in meetings over it. I strongly suspect some of it had to do with they now had one less thing the could lord over people, and thus the menial amount of power they kinda-sorta think they have had decreased. But it also fit the general pattern of complaining about anything that forced them to do something even slightly differently- even though it meant significantly less work.
13435529, there's probably something to this
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Jun-18-21 12:37 PM
>People lost their damn minds in meetings over it. I strongly
>suspect some of it had to do with they now had one less thing
>the could lord over people, and thus the menial amount of
>power they kinda-sorta think they have had decreased.
13435488, The lady I mention above has a folder on her desktop (that I put
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Jun-17-21 01:46 PM
there) that has screenshots of how to set up a report schedule every September. She still calls me to walk her through opening that folder, an following the screenshot. It is like she needs me there - as if she just cannot do it without my presence. Every year!
13435517, Had a root canal and pooped blood the same night
Posted by Kira, Fri Jun-18-21 12:19 AM
Had a headache for the past 2.5 days. Tried everything to heal but nothing works.

Getting injured during covid is thee worst thing that could happen to me.
13435522, Joseph Fahnbulleh runs like a bamma
Posted by MEAT, Fri Jun-18-21 10:17 AM
They said this man ran cross country in high school, sheesh.
And how the hell is he not in the olympic trials?