Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Here's what the CDC says about VAERS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435301&mesg_id=13435510
13435510, RE: Here's what the CDC says about VAERS
Posted by The Mac, Thu Jun-17-21 06:41 PM
Thats useful to know, and I appreciate and understand that being a facet of the VAERS system and its efficacy (or lack thereof).

With that being said, is there NO concern about the VAERS numbers jumping from 10-20 a month for YEARS to 1000+/month? Do you think a bunch of MAGA folks just started filling out VAERS forms to fuck with the numbers or create a narrative?

That question is sincere and is not anti-vaxx. I'm legit asking what do you think is happening inside the VAERS system.

Also, this is undoubtedly a bit more of a MAGA-style question in todays climate, but it's one that came up to me reading that quote ...

Isn't the VAERS explanation you copied a bit similar to the confusion that sometimes revolves around COVID cause of death? What I mean is, since majority of COVID deaths involve 2-3 co-morbidities, couldn't somebody playing devils advocate write something similar - "Not all COVID deaths are purely COVID, the numbers arent perfectly accurate because we are attributing to COVID but really they were X Y Z?"

"VAERS accepts all reports of adverse health events following vaccinations without judging whether the vaccine caused the adverse health event. Some reports to VAERS represent true vaccine reactions and others are coincidental adverse health events and not related to vaccination."

CAN ALSO BE... (changes in capital letters)

"CDC/WHO accepts all reports of CORONAVIRUS DEATHS without judging whether the CORONAVIRUS caused the DEATH. Some reports to CDC/WHO represent true COVID DEATHS and others are coincidental DEATHS CAUSED BY CO MORBIDITIES and not SOLELY COVID."

I hope my point gets across without seeming to be insensitive to COVID or anti-vaxx.