Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Fair enough, however-
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435301&mesg_id=13435507
13435507, RE: Fair enough, however-
Posted by The Mac, Thu Jun-17-21 05:23 PM
First of all, thank you for a good faith and honest answer. And thank you for answering for me to RJCC, who off principle I would never respond to here, even before this post.

I understand that my questions seem to have implications, but I definitely did not intend for them to be pro or anti vaxx. Mynoriti said something about deaths of vaccinated, which I semi misread / misinterpreted, and it made me curious to see what deaths amongst vaccinated are (as that was what I had understood her to mean). I saw the VAERS data and was a bit shocked to see it close to 5K deaths in the last 3 months. That is what prompted me to ask the question, how many deaths are we OK with?

I suppose your Socratic Method is what I most am looking for - the biases and presuppositions in our arguments. B/c to me OKP seems to be clearly in line with the CDC for 2 years strong, but not their program VAERS. To me its a bit confusing to see hundreds of posts "THE CDC IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING" and then as soon as it leads elsewhere "NOT THAT PART FUCK YOU"

To be clear, I think 5K deaths in the vacccinated is obviously much more acceptable than 600K COVID deaths. But I also don't think "comparing" deaths is really a game that anybody should play, and I do believe it's been problematic in the COVID response.

As mentioned earlier, it seems to me that OKP is looking at one set of deaths with empathy and care, but disregarding another set.

If my line of questioning were to lead anywhere, it would be moreso towards a consistent standard of how we view death, health, disease, policy, etc...which is why I was looking for some numbers to give us boundaries/parameters/etc...

This seems to follow a similar logic to the Kamala post...if Trump says it then its the end of the world, but if Kamala/Joe say it then we will find a way to justify it. I ain't really with that. I want some consistency and standards. I'm not saying I aint with you, but I ain't with you just to be with you or just to say fuck you to the other side. That doesnt seem like the way forward to me.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to answer and debate like a normal human being.