Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Are you concerned about the new Covid variants?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435301&mesg_id=13435504
13435504, RE: Are you concerned about the new Covid variants?
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jun-17-21 03:30 PM
>Was going to put this in CW but dude is slipping this week
>
>I find myself not giving a fuck when I hear about these new
>variants. Maybe its due to summer or I’m just over it.
>
>Don’t want to sound like a skeptic but I’m really on some
>“its over”
>
>

I’ve been vaccinated fully since April. Whole family at the house and my mama outside of it too.

I’ve been to Mexico 2x since then.

I am struggling quite a bit with remaining concerned. Aka I’m starting to feel like it’s over because I am getting comfortable with the idea/ideal that I am TEMPORARILY safer than I was before the vaccine.

But then I remember…other countries aren’t as vaccinated. And Murrica has hella folks who also won’t get vaccinated. There’s everything from medical issues/not getting cleared to do it to the good old arms folded folks who aren’t gonna do it no matter what. We could waste a bunch of time right the fuck here but I won’t.

But there’s no way around it: if the unvaccinated are still at risk, then I probably am too. MAYBE to a lesser degree FOR NOW. MAYBE? Shit, I don’t know. Yes, I’d feel better if the vaccination numbers could get up to 90-ish percent or at least a number where I could think ‘okay, this is damn near everyone’. No, I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

So, tldr, I’m not concerned right now cuz my house is vaccinated, but I could see shit getting ‘back bad’ by Halloween. And, as it stands, I’m gonna want to blame unvaccinated folks for it if so. But shit, I don’t really fucking know.