Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt helps that he used to be a Republican lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435041&mesg_id=13435353
13435353, It helps that he used to be a Republican lol
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jun-16-21 12:40 PM
And there is zero threat from Mateo and Sliwa as the Republican candidate. Those guys are beyond ridiculous. Why worry about talking crime reform on their level? The real battle here is moderate dem vs. progressive.

Adams did more for the real estate lobby as borough president than even De blasio as mayor. He straight up lies too much. Reversing his course, saying he didn't mean something he said pretty clearly. And the NY Post endorses him. What kind of police reform and accountability is feasible with him as mayor really? I applaud his work for 100BILEWC but if the issue is who is going to police the police other than the police themselves, I would think we need to approach police reform from a third party perspective. (Btw that story about the dominican cop getting raped a ton of times by other officers and her not getting any justice after internal review just drives this home)

Maya is my first choice, followed by Stringer then Garcia. I'm not voting for any of these other clowns.

I understand Wiley is heavy on rhetoric and light on substance but she's the only feasible progressive candidate.