Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI (think I) COMPLETELY understand their logic here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435002&mesg_id=13435088
13435088, I (think I) COMPLETELY understand their logic here.
Posted by double negative, Fri Jun-11-21 11:28 AM
*** The Ignorant and Unintentionally Obtuse Perspective:

Imagine two people talking. One person is a jazz fan and the other person's limited idea of jazz is Kenny G. The person with limited knowledge just can't get why jazz fans don't like or appreciate Kenny G. Both are jazz right? They think, "that Coltrane guy played a sax right? same thing". And round and round it goes. There is no deeper thought or understanding or contextualization because to them, Kenny G = Jazz and Jazz = Jazz.

If you have spent a lifetime not needing to think about race or racism then your idea of what it is, how it works and who is affected by it will be underdeveloped. It's a simplistic childlike view of the world. If Racism = Bad, then talking about Racism = Bad because only bad people are racists and it would be better if we stopped being bad people and just started seeing everyone as equal (by completely sweeping that shit under the rug and never, ever, ever talking about it)

At the core of it, anxiety and the fear of being wrong, or having your position threatened or having to admit wrong doing or retributuon

*** The Intentional and Cycnical Perspective:

Imagine a couple. One person cheated,the relationship moved on, the cheater never said sorry or saw their wrong doing, they just kind of made up for it in a very half assed "babe, I made you some frozen waffles for breakfast...DAMN. WHY ARE YOU MAD I DIDNT HEAT THEM UP YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH? AIght, Imma go back to sleep. The kids are crying, I ate all of the breakfast, so...there is that"

Whenever the person who was cheated on wants to talk about how hurtful it was, or whenever the cheater comes home late without explanation, the cheater explodes, "Why do you bringing up old shit?" and the taunt "...I'm not saying I would go and fuck other people, but I aint sayin' I wouldnt...why you crying? What I say?"

Essentially, the idea here is...the perspective is, they know about America's original sin, but so the fuck what? That shit happened a long time ago and things WOULD get better if you loud mouth ( pick a minority ) would just shut up and accept things as they are.

AND, because we've established Racism = Bad and Racism = Morally bankrupt unredeemable people, then you are the bad person for bringing up old shit that you should have gotten over decades ago.

*** The Nihilistic Internet Mutated Perspective:

Chaos is fun. Taboo subjects are where its at. Fuck decency, fuck respect. White is where its at, OF COURSE, but I don't care about that. I care about making these people angry because fuck it all, it's funny.
Never forget, hide your true power level bois.