Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou are the real racist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13435002
13435002, You are the real racist
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-10-21 03:17 PM
man.. Americans are amazing, and by Americans I do mean white folk aka Subaru owners.

Will talk all types of cash shit about Black folk and as soon as you call them on it you are DA REAL RACIST!!

who started that shit? Rush, Hannity?
13435003, Been that way forever
Posted by handle, Thu Jun-10-21 03:18 PM
You just used to hear it a lot if you were day drinking at a VFW.

Now they have networks dedicated to that type of talk.

13435006, Nope
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-10-21 03:31 PM
back in my day when we called wypipo racist they would deny it or claim that shit

but they never tried the “you the real racist” shit. This is new

Now maybe YOU used to say that shit.. lol
13435064, Nah man. "Reverse racism" has been a white talking point for decades.
Posted by Brew, Fri Jun-11-21 10:27 AM
I heard it from my own father dating back to the 80s lol.
13435074, I’m sure you have heard a lot..
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-11-21 10:47 AM
but I’m not talking about the term or accusation of reverse racism

I’m talking specifically about being called the real racist for pointing out their racist convo in real time.

13435084, Word OK my bad.
Posted by Brew, Fri Jun-11-21 11:20 AM
>but I’m not talking about the term or accusation of reverse
>racism
>
>I’m talking specifically about being called the real racist
>for pointing out their racist convo in real time.
13435010, They do it because it works. It changes the subject
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Jun-10-21 04:32 PM
After they hit you with that you're either:
(1) Explaining how that logic is dumb
or
(2) Explaining how you are not a racist

But what you aren't doing is talking about what you were originally talking about.

13435025, I know its a deflection but usually the offender is the one doing..
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-10-21 07:13 PM
the talking. They will go on rants about Black folk and say some racist shit and when someone pushes back they throw out “you are the real racist”

13435012, ^^^ never been to Hyde Park in Chicago
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 04:57 PM
or Brooklyn. There are mad Black Subaru Owners in those
areas.

Worst stereotype ever.
13435013, Yeah, not sure why
Posted by luminous, Thu Jun-10-21 05:14 PM
A Japanese car is only for WP....
13435016, its not.. but seasoned vet keeps asking if I drive one
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-10-21 05:20 PM
because he believes Black people dont drive Subarus

and I think its hilarious
13435019, Nm
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 06:14 PM
Nm
13435014, its hilarious how serious you took that joke
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-10-21 05:15 PM
its an inside joke and you are on the outside buddy
13435017, It is L Stah, afterall.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-10-21 05:44 PM
You know, the Keep It Real Gatekeeper/supposed Kool Kieth MegaStan who thought the phrase "you live at home with your mom" was an ad hominem attack, instead of the title of his favorite rapper's most famous song
13435023, I wasn’t the only one. Reply 5
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 06:40 PM
Because it appeared very serious based on how you stated it.

Nothing indicated the opposite.

“man.. Americans are amazing, and by Americans I do mean white folk aka Subaru owners. “
13435029, Shut up.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-10-21 08:25 PM
13435018, Can't speak on how long it's been around.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-10-21 05:49 PM
My frame of reference is that this has popped up in the last 15 years or so, in a slow crescendo to where it's now a featured part of Yakubian Victimhood official handbook.

That shit has diagrams and "You're The Real Racist" is basically their 4-3 defense.

But I have no way of knowing whether it existed, or how long, before it popped up on my radar. Buy I knew people who would say that as far back as 05, at least. I know longer know those people, to be clear, but yeah. I think this goes back a ways, but social media and increasingly bold white identity politics have made it a go-to phrase.

As always, it's easier to dismiss the deeper issue out of hand than it is to address it.
13435020, I love it. ask them to explain what racism is and what they're doing about it
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-10-21 06:31 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13435054, ^^^ yup. just keep asking questions and they fall apart.
Posted by Triptych, Fri Jun-11-21 09:42 AM
13435022, Thank goodness I've never heard anyone say this in person.
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Jun-10-21 06:34 PM
Seen/heard some dumbfucks say it in videos and read it, but never actually heard it said live. Or "well, then they're the real racists" since, ya know, I'm also a white dude.
13435028, Politics, religion & race. 3 things I don’t talk about
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Jun-10-21 07:39 PM
In mixed company….

And even then…. On an extremely limited and rare occasion.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13435059, So you probably hang out with a lot of people you wouldn't actually like
Posted by Hitokiri, Fri Jun-11-21 10:07 AM
if you knew what they thought about shit that matters.
That's wack as hell.
13435075, and hear a ton of shit but stay silent af
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-11-21 10:49 AM
fuck that shit..

I don’t bring it up but once its a topic, lets go.. tell me what you working with
13435085, LOL this is me too.
Posted by Brew, Fri Jun-11-21 11:21 AM
>fuck that shit..
>
>I don’t bring it up but once its a topic, lets go.. tell me
>what you working with

^ exact same. My wife always gets mad at me when I go hard at people but I always have to point out that it's their fault for bringing it up. I am never the first to broach the subject, but soon as you put it on the table you better be ready to either be on the right side of the issues or be eviscerated in front of everyone.
13435109, word. They want to bring up the rooney rule or black on black crime
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-11-21 12:19 PM
and then when get called on it YOU are the racist for bringing up race.

“I was just using facts.. how dare you?”
13435047, its the thing to do
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Fri Jun-11-21 07:56 AM
the defense (or offense?) for justification and to make themselves feel
less shitty. wicked.
13435048, white people are exhausting.
Posted by PROMO, Fri Jun-11-21 08:27 AM
13435088, I (think I) COMPLETELY understand their logic here.
Posted by double negative, Fri Jun-11-21 11:28 AM
*** The Ignorant and Unintentionally Obtuse Perspective:

Imagine two people talking. One person is a jazz fan and the other person's limited idea of jazz is Kenny G. The person with limited knowledge just can't get why jazz fans don't like or appreciate Kenny G. Both are jazz right? They think, "that Coltrane guy played a sax right? same thing". And round and round it goes. There is no deeper thought or understanding or contextualization because to them, Kenny G = Jazz and Jazz = Jazz.

If you have spent a lifetime not needing to think about race or racism then your idea of what it is, how it works and who is affected by it will be underdeveloped. It's a simplistic childlike view of the world. If Racism = Bad, then talking about Racism = Bad because only bad people are racists and it would be better if we stopped being bad people and just started seeing everyone as equal (by completely sweeping that shit under the rug and never, ever, ever talking about it)

At the core of it, anxiety and the fear of being wrong, or having your position threatened or having to admit wrong doing or retributuon

*** The Intentional and Cycnical Perspective:

Imagine a couple. One person cheated,the relationship moved on, the cheater never said sorry or saw their wrong doing, they just kind of made up for it in a very half assed "babe, I made you some frozen waffles for breakfast...DAMN. WHY ARE YOU MAD I DIDNT HEAT THEM UP YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH? AIght, Imma go back to sleep. The kids are crying, I ate all of the breakfast, so...there is that"

Whenever the person who was cheated on wants to talk about how hurtful it was, or whenever the cheater comes home late without explanation, the cheater explodes, "Why do you bringing up old shit?" and the taunt "...I'm not saying I would go and fuck other people, but I aint sayin' I wouldnt...why you crying? What I say?"

Essentially, the idea here is...the perspective is, they know about America's original sin, but so the fuck what? That shit happened a long time ago and things WOULD get better if you loud mouth ( pick a minority ) would just shut up and accept things as they are.

AND, because we've established Racism = Bad and Racism = Morally bankrupt unredeemable people, then you are the bad person for bringing up old shit that you should have gotten over decades ago.

*** The Nihilistic Internet Mutated Perspective:

Chaos is fun. Taboo subjects are where its at. Fuck decency, fuck respect. White is where its at, OF COURSE, but I don't care about that. I care about making these people angry because fuck it all, it's funny.
Never forget, hide your true power level bois.

13435141, its not that deep.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-11-21 03:30 PM
they just got a Captain America racism shield they throw up anytime you hit back at them.

Fuck them
13435103, your posts have been mad sketchy lately, you ok?
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jun-11-21 12:03 PM
13435106, stfu and let me cook
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-11-21 12:08 PM
13435132, LMBO!!!
Posted by Ray_Snill, Fri Jun-11-21 02:39 PM

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13435152, thought was about this
Posted by go mack, Sat Jun-12-21 09:22 AM
https://www.newsweek.com/glenn-beck-apology-calling-barack-obama-racist-exactly-right-1599239

13435154, Seemed to start with the alt-right Richard Spencer rise
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jun-12-21 12:47 PM
People like to invalidate him, but that was a movement with lasting effects, and it started long before most people knew who he was. If anyone listened to him speak at length, he pretty much outlined these kinds of things. White people "eliminating shame for being white", "preferring their own without shame" etc.

When you really thing about it, "You're the real racist" is the logical conclusion of white people accepting their actions as normal and rational. If torturing and oppressing "others" isn't racism but just accepted as the way things are supposed to be, then those pointing it out are the only ones focused on race, right? Spencer and his ilk ushered in a brewing paradigm where white people practice racism without thinking of it as racism. I think this began with "benign neglect" and the idea that you PRACTICE racism without explicitly stating that it's racism. It's a slick chess move.