Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI know I am not the only one who this happens to where you watch
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434810&mesg_id=13434820
13434820, I know I am not the only one who this happens to where you watch
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Jun-09-21 07:32 AM
too many documentaries, movies and tv show about how black people have been used and abused (slavery, criminal justice system, civil rights movement, etc) and it makes you start to feel - dare I say it - hate for white people. Then you have to take a break from that stuff because you know you need to be able to function with the white folks all around you.

Well, I am getting that way with men for the same reason. Somehow, I ended up watching several shows and movies back to back where men were gaslighting, cheating on and abusing women. I realized yesterday that I need to avoid that type of story for a minute, because I found myself watching, shaking my head and going "All men are horrible!"

My Lord! Intellectually I know that is not true, and I don't want to go around feeling that way. So I need to take a break from this story line - after I finish the last couple episodes of the two stories I am already watching, lol.

I am almost done with "Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story" and Season 2 of Genius about Picasso. Did y'll know what an ass Picasso was!?! At least 5 or 6 people in his life ended up committing suicide over shit he did/said to them. A friend (not really his fault) a young neighbor that he insulted, a wife, a mistress, and his grandson... Ugh!