Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectnot so much post covid but ive never seen homelessness ln LA this bad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434655&mesg_id=13434994
13434994, not so much post covid but ive never seen homelessness ln LA this bad
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Jun-10-21 01:38 PM
and we've always had a huge homeless problem but you can't go a few blocks without either a mini skid row, or just random homeless folks posted up or sleeping.

and since so much of it is mental illness and drugs, or both, there's always some crazy shit going on. I don't know how many times a day the citizen app drops a "man swinging sword" blocks away from me. they generally keep to themselves, though I've had the occasional run in.

and since we're under Dem leadership, it contributes to the overall political divisions. For the record I couldn't tell you if Newsom and Garcetti are to blame or not, but it is their watch. I have to assume if this spike happened under repub leadership i'd be shitting on them for this.

Other than that, I personally feel the same. I have no doubt more shit will pop off after people have been locked down a year plus in our internet bubbles and getting angrier at each other. You hear horrific stories like that 6 year old kid that got shot on the freeway, but I can't act like this kind of thing is new to LA. Most people I interact with in public seem the same.