Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat are some of your work boundaries?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434630&mesg_id=13434630
13434630, What are some of your work boundaries?
Posted by MEAT, Mon Jun-07-21 02:51 PM
I recently got into it with my boss about the increase in work travel. When I was hired it was communicated as no more than 10% and now it's jumped up to over 25% and that's not ok with me.

And basically her feel is … let’s tough it out for 6-12 months because her boss is demanding ... as if she didn’t just push me through the last 15 months aggressively.

Absolutely not. I’m not pushing through aggressively during my kids developmental years… and I get it I understand where she's coming from, but I can't be down with that

At one point she confided in me that all of the work demands is also affecting HER family and marriage … and I again, I get it, it's something that you work out in your house ... but where do you stand up for yourself?

I’ve watched and experienced how jobs treat people, up to and including death (my first job I watched a guy have a seizure and die in the office and a coworker got UPSET that other people wanted to take off the rest of the day) … you are bottomlessly replaceable at work … not at home