Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSomething I keep thinking about is why press get the benefit/right to q's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434099&mesg_id=13434404
13434404, Something I keep thinking about is why press get the benefit/right to q's
Posted by dgonsh, Thu Jun-03-21 01:25 PM
i love sports journalism. sure there are some clowns, and they usually get outted as clowns by their own questions and the players reactions to their dumbass and self-serving questions. but why do actually care about their "right" to a press conference?

you hear so many stories of legendary beat writers talking about how they had to spend weeks/months/years trying to develop relationship with players to maybe, MAYBE get a one-on-one interview or soundbite. Have you seen the zoom press conferences and even live press conferences since COVID? Any clown with a camera and a credential can ask the most nonsense questions to athletes.

And like i said, it only takes one bad apple journo to cause a stir in one of these conferences, but it really fucks up the players.

why do the press have a right to speak to athletes? or why should they? i should give a fuck about the bottom line of ownership groups?

this is not an argument against sports journalism. i just am trying to consider what being good at a sport has to do with being forced to communicate with and answer questions.