Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think this is the 'wobbler'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13434099&mesg_id=13434320
13434320, I think this is the 'wobbler'
Posted by infin8, Wed Jun-02-21 05:53 PM
some would say greats like Jordan or Tyson have been asked - right before a pivotal game or match against a highly-regarded rival:

"are you scared you might lose tonight?"

"you lost to - this person/team - in 2015 on the world's greatest stage; what can we expect tonight to keep that from happening again?"

SOME athletes can handle that, some can't.

When I read Serena's quote about 'some people being thin(skinned)' I interpreted that as "Naomi doesn't have the mental fortitude to deal with that. She can't necessarily separate herself from the question and follow-through on court without hearing that shxt echo in her mind AND THAT'S OK

at a professional level, some are of the opinion that you shouldn't be 'worried about missing shots you haven't taken yet' and that is sound thinking, humans are gonna human.

YES IT'S AFFECTING HER ABILITY TO PLAY...and since she quit we seem to be arguing about if it SHOULD affect her...and there's no answer.

Some of yall in here typing tough and get shook when ya boss come around; it shouldn't matter...but it DOES